New To Subaru And Learning How To Fix Cars (Especially Mine) - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on New To Subaru And Learning How To Fix Cars (Especially Mine) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WTF #smh...

WTF #smh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MTM
    Please tell me you dont have a loan out on that?

Please.

You got ****ed so hard. no lube. I dont want to bash because youve already taken so much and in such strides. You seem like a nice guy too but dude... DUDE. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good luck my friend.

I thought I paid too much for my 2005...

Last edited by MTM; 03-18-2014 at 12:59 PM.

I Support ClubWRX

so much bad has happened

Haha appreciate it guys. I know it'll be worth it in the end. I'll make you all proud! Hahaha

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It'll be a month or two before I can afford any repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Im_Aquaman View Post
    It doesn't have to be exact. Just similar. Like an homage. Lol I'm not duplicating I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress. I know it will be a long process, but it will get there. Man, so many negative comments. Lol if I could have bought a nicer car I would have. I had to get a loan from my credit union and one that we could afford to pay on. I just switched jobs after three years at my old one and am in the process of getting back to the pay I was once at. I know it's a pos now, but soon it will be sexy. Rally, not ricer.

So, lets get this straight... for starters you purchased this project car with a loan? And lets be clear here, this is a basket case. No, let me correct myself, this is **** storm of a car and is clearly not worth anything more than 4k, and I wouldn't even pay that for it. Also *disclaimer*, please don't take any of what I am saying as an insult as I am not trying to insult you at all.

There is SOOOOO much nope going on with this car. I hope you realize this is going to take a lot of money to get it to where you want it. Like we are talking almost double what you paid for it. I hate to sound like a **** but this is just the truth. I think you are being way to optimistic about this car. Have you ever had a project car or bike or anything before? if you have not then you really have absolutely no idea what you are getting yourself into. And something tells me that if you needed a loan just to purchase this pile of metal that it is highly unlikely you will be able to make any sort of progress with this car for quite a long time. First off, a meth kit? Really? That should have turned you 180 degrees in the first place. I don't even want to dive into everything else that is visibly wrong as I'm sure we all already know.

Finally, with all the things that are wrong just by looking at the car and reading the mod list, only God knows what else is wrong internally. I have a feeling there is a lot more than meets the eye with this one, and not in the good way. To me this seems like it was not the greatest of ideas and I think you should cut your losses and move on. But that is just me, everyone thinks differently and has their own opinions and dreams. If you are really set on going forward with this then go for it. It's your time and money and no one can really tell you what to do with either but yourself... and your wife.

If you go forward with this, make a build thread. I would LOVE to follow it and see how this thing progresses from start to finish.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Take it easy. It's purchased and it's done. End of story.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Take it easy. It's purchased and it's done. End of story.
    Sorry if that post came off as rough. I definitely didn't mean it that way.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Sorry if that post came off as rough. I definitely didn't mean it that way.
    Car god's gonna give you bad Karma. TOB whining lately? /troll.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club dude!

Sorry you fell into a crummy situation, but with some effort you can turn that thing into a pretty sweet car. Screw these guys that are knocking on your car... you'll quickly figure out who here is going to help, and who is here to just talk trash and make themselves feel better. It's a commonality on all forums.

If you need any help, let me (and the rest of us) know!

From where that sits, I'd spend a lot of time figuring out exactly what you want, and then start from scratch with a full build!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

We make enough money we just dont have the cash piled up to pay for a car straight up. Within a few years I'll be making about 100k a year so I'm not too worried about it. One thing at a time and it'll get there. It'll never be 'perfect' and I know this, but it will be fun and a great learning experience. And for the build thread I will def make one once I start working on it.

I Support ClubWRX
    We make enough money we just dont have the cash piled up to pay for a car straight up. Within a few years I'll be making about 100k a year so I'm not too worried about it.
    Careful, life has a way of re-prioritizing 100k incomes.

Anyway, I don't see what all the fuss is about now that you have the car. Bringing a bugeye back from the grave is a noble endeavor, and for that I applaud you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I had a bugeye once upon a time, and have links to everything I did in my very modest build thread, to lend possible inspiration. Welcome!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Just looking back at the pictures... If you attached it correctly and painted it, the widebody kit isn't a bad thing. Wagons are notorious for not being able to have as wide of tires, which sucks. But the widebody kit adds quite a bit of tire width!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

MTM
    Haha appreciate it guys. I know it'll be worth it in the end. I'll make you all proud! Hahaha

Yeah, on the bright side you have REALLY good before pictures. haha

It'll never be 'perfect' and I know this, but it will be fun and a great learning experience. And for the build thread I will def make one once I start working on it.
    You always have to start somewhere! Again, I apologize if I came off as rude in my first post. It will be a great project to learn on. I would start with trying your best to figure out all you can that needs fixed, taken off, upgraded, etc. as it is never fun to find something that needs working on later down the road when you could have already done it.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14