New To Subaru And Learning How To Fix Cars (Especially Mine) - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

This is a discussion on New To Subaru And Learning How To Fix Cars (Especially Mine) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The way the old is set up looks like the jdm version as the speedo and tach are switched Sent ...

The way the old is set up looks like the jdm version as the speedo and tach are switched

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Post picture of the switch

Damn Speedo and odometer still not going.
    The parts guy at Subaru said to check some plug that might not be connected under the car somewhere. Any ideas?

Says I'm exceeding my quota for pics

I Support ClubWRX
    aquaman we love you we cant wait to see ur car improve

thanks bill
    Imma get a license plate that says aquamn since Aquaman is taken. Once I get this in a driving condition.

I have a feeling these are supposed to be attached to something

Mileage goes with the cluster. The ecu does not store mileage, only thing that does is the cluster.
    When u change the cluster yourself, it trips a tamper code that carfax can read. Only way I could do it was to take it to the dealer and have them record the mileage and set the new one to the same mileage. Ido how they do it, but they do

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Oh ok cool. Well I'm gonna drive this engine to the ground while I fix everything and replace it in the end after I get everything to stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    Mileage goes with the cluster. The ecu does not store mileage, only thing that does is the cluster.
    When u change the cluster yourself, it trips a tamper code that carfax can read. Only way I could do it was to take it to the dealer and have them record the mileage and set the new one to the same mileage. Ido how they do it, but they do

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    I don't believe this is true. When I replaced my stock cluster with an STI cluster, I sent a photo of my stock cluster showing current mileage to Tacoma Speedometer, plus the STI cluster. For $100, they corrected the stored mileage in the ODO, and manually updated the car's registry saying the speedometer had been replaced and corrected, so there would be no suspicion of vehicle history fraud (which I had absolutely no interest in committing). I personally wouldn't count that as a black mark on the car's history, since the mileage was corrected in the new cluster by a certified company, and everything was legally documented, but I guess I could run a CarFax on my bugeye to see for sure.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

So they could read the mileage off the computer and and correct it for me of I take it to a legit shop or to Subaru

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_Aquaman View Post
    So they could read the mileage off the computer and and correct it for me of I take it to a legit shop or to Subaru

Which computer? They would need to read the current mileage reading from your OLD cluster, then correct the NEW cluster to match. Again, the mileage is stored locally on a chip built into the cluster.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Right right. So if the odometer on the old cluster wasnt working it wouldnt really matter anyway

Thumbs up

Found this thanks to Zax, you should read through it so you have an idea on tuning fundamentals. Lots of good stuff in here.http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/use...gGuide-0_5.pdf

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.