Not sure what to add next... Help? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Not sure what to add next... Help? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i think its time for a protune....

i think its time for a protune.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    i think its time for a protune.
    Sorry if this is a noob question but I have been hearing from alot of people I would benefit a ton from a protune.

Would getting a protune make my accessport worthless at that point? Or would they load it to my accessport so that I can still uninstall and stuff like that if I change stuff up? I guess I dont know why I would need an accessport anymore if I get a protune.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrxchick1676 View Post
    To each it's own
    To each his own.*

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Process West top mount intercooler?

I know this wouldn't net much gain without a tune...but it has to be much more efficient. And man they look gorgeous on top of the engine bay

It's not much help, but I'm just thinking out loud.
    ^agreed. A new Top Mount IC would be nice. Not much else you can do if you are already Stage 2. I would go with a Perrin TMI though.

Quote Originally Posted by Preachintheghett View Post
    Sorry if this is a noob question but I have been hearing from alot of people I would benefit a ton from a protune.

Would getting a protune make my accessport worthless at that point? Or would they load it to my accessport so that I can still uninstall and stuff like that if I change stuff up? I guess I dont know why I would need an accessport anymore if I get a protune.
    Protune is meant specifically for your car where as the ap tune are made for all cars. You would have a safer afr more power and tq and probably a little more boost. The ap won't be useless because you can still datalog with it and check error codes and everything else you do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    Protune is meant specifically for your car where as the ap tune are made for all cars. You would have a safer afr more power and tq and probably a little more boost. The ap won't be useless because you can still datalog with it and check error codes and everything else you do with it.
    im not protuned yet, correct me if im wrong, but dont tuners also prefer you to have an AP?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    im not protuned yet, correct me if im wrong, but dont tuners also prefer you to have an AP?
    Some. Just make sure to ask before hand.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

There are a bunch of things you could do next.. What the other guys have been saying is basically what i would Performance wise a upgraded intercooler would not be a bad option (top mount is easy and there is really need for multiple). same with break mods , and they really dont have to be crazy to make a difference. Also would have to say a sway bar would be a great addition to your suspension. A pro tune would really also make a huge difference. If your keeping the stock turbo do an intercooler and pro tune for power, and breaks and a sway bar for easy handling mods

I may have missed these if mentioned, but what about new shifter bushings? And possibly a short throw shifter. And maybe an STI tranny mount, and rear differential bushings...there's a lot to upgrade with the suspension and drivetrain. This could help make better use of the power you already have by holding the road more efficiently.

I don't know the best upgrades, but others can chime in. You've got decent power, now upgrade its handling. I'm sure you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Torqued Performance

you can go Stg3
    If you must need more power then that just save up for an engine build.

I would go with swaybars end links engine mount upgrades etc

Yuck eric is not really the ideal tuner for our cars I've heard a lot of horror stories about him giving people dangerous maps.

on to the OP turbo upgrade is your best option for "more power"

16g-18g-20g < some turbos you might consider.

Like others have said, some handeling upgrades would be beneficial. Sway bars for the front and rear, coilovers, better tires, s/s brake lines, better brake pads, the list can go on and on. But if you really want to just make more power you could always go with an external wastegate setup plus supporting mods. EL headers, uppipe for Ewg, 38mm wastegate, better tmic, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, ebcs, and a protune will give you a good bit more hp even with the stock turbo.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.