Meet my '14 SWP Hatch!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Meet my '14 SWP Hatch! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got my first Subaru last week with 7 miles on her! Had parts ready to put on before the car ...

Meet my '14 SWP Hatch!

Got my first Subaru last week with 7 miles on her! Had parts ready to put on before the car even arrived. Installed the RA flaps this weekend and TBH I'm going insane trying to get the rears adjusted perfectly flush with the ground (They look fine, but maybe just a hair off in my eye fitment wise). Will have do some more adjustments next weekend. Besides that I'm really enjoying the car and will definitely have to use this forum as a good resource for info on this chassis.

Phone pics:

7 miles!

STi Front Lip + Fogs

Clear Bra+Tint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, nice hatch.

congrats

Registered User heinskits Velvet's Avatar
    NICE! That was the color I wanted, they only had 2 hatches on the lot, I ended up with the DGM, the dealer really wanted to make a sale and dropped the price considerably....anyway, nice WRX you got there, any mods planned yet?

Quote Originally Posted by heinskits Velvet View Post
    NICE! That was the color I wanted, they only had 2 hatches on the lot, I ended up with the DGM, the dealer really wanted to make a sale and dropped the price considerably....anyway, nice WRX you got there, any mods planned yet?
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

DGM was my second choice, awesome color but my heart was set on SWP so I ordered one from a dealer out of state and patiently wanted a month and a half for it to come in. Definitely worth the wait!

Mod path so far is Perrin Shorty Antenna which I've already installed, RA flaps, and Kartboy SS + AnarchyMotive pearl white shift knob. Yesterday I also picked up a used SPT catback for < $600! Pics:

Nice pickup. I would have gone with something other than the spt though. Very light on the sound output.

Thanks. I've actually been pretty satisfied with the stock output sounds wise, just wanted something a tad bit louder so I think the SPT will fit the bill.

Looks like you have the Q300 from your profile pic which I thought about but Im leery of drone issues.

Welcome to the forums, I see the Hueberger tag, where are you located?
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I literally got the same car from Heuberger last week nice ride!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the new car, SWP was my second choice! I just install an SPT exhaust on my hatch this past weekend with the same goal of being slightly louder than stock. I'm satisfied with the SPT sound output for now, its easy on the ears while highway driving
    Last edited by GRBOXR; 03-18-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo

Appreciate the responses. I reside in TX, but did indeed get mine from Heuberger. First time buying out of state and the wait was a pain, but worth it once the delivery truck finally arrived and I got the car. Price negotiating and final paper work was pretty painless also, they fed-ex overnight you everything.

Installing the SPT this weekend, super stoked! Got 5 KartBoy hangers to provide some extra rigidity. Also had to pick-up what they call an SPT Hardware kit from my local dealership that has the specific size gasket for the mid pipe to axle back connection as I don't want any leaks. It also has all the proper nuts and bolts since I bought it used. Only $40 for some added insurance that the install goes smooth.

Only complaint I have with the car thus far is after a drop in temperature and some rainy weather I'm getting the infamous "whirling" noise from the clutch when the car is started up in the morning and engaging the clutch to go into reverse and first gear. From all the research I've done this is normal and like everyone else it goes away within a few minutes of driving. Still learning all the different noises of this vehicle and I'm hypersensitive to everything since it's brand new.

Few more:

I feel dumb for asking but whats the major differences in the DMG and SWP???

CLEAN Ride btw.

I Support ClubWRX
    The whirling that you hearing is power steering pump. It happens when it gets real cold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    clean car i would have loved a swp

Beautiful car. I still don't know why I went with a sedan when I had the opportunity for a hatchback. I feel like I want a bigger ride now, haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast