2002 wrx 2.0 6 speed - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx 2.0 6 speed within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; cruise control delete? I don't see a second cable to the throttle in the engine bay pic....

cruise control delete? I don't see a second cable to the throttle in the engine bay pic.
    David - '05 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

don't reall know. i am not around to see the car its going to shop in 2 days and getting ALL the fluids changed timing belt water pump cam seals clutch tires mounted and balanced putting a new fuel pump just to be safe then the falling week propably going to get it sanded and painted flat back

Exedy makes good clutches while your at it might as well get a ACT streetlite flywheel. Tho the replacement would be for the sti 6 spd trans not the oem one that you would find on the 02

yeah i herd great things about there clutches ordered one i was thinking about the fly wheel will it make a big difference ? and if its damaged then i will replace it

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    Exedy makes good clutches while your at it might as well get a ACT streetlite flywheel. Tho the replacement would be for the sti 6 spd trans not the oem one that you would find on the 02
    I strongly disagree. Stick with OEM flywheel, and a stock Exedy clutch. This car seems like a largely unknown quantity at this point, so best to stick with OEM parts until a full health check is complete. Lightweight flywheels can throw CELs, which isn't what the OP needs to worry about right now.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

i got stock replacement everything like i said i bought the car for 3 k has some extra money wanted a wrx since they first came out so i thought ide take the bargin joined this club because im am not expert in wrx i know how to fix subarus work on them all the time mostly the common head gasket problem im over seas and cant be home to give you all strait answer i got a dad that cant open google on a computer even if you showed him a million times and my step mom the one taking th pics but any suggestion i am open to and things to look at or tell my dad to look for it does run and drive and dad says it will fly but clutch slips at 4500 rpm thanks
    Last edited by sluder001; 03-18-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I strongly disagree. Stick with OEM flywheel, and a stock Exedy clutch. This car seems like a largely unknown quantity at this point, so best to stick with OEM parts until a full health check is complete. Lightweight flywheels can throw CELs, which isn't what the OP needs to worry about right now.

I see you're point I agree a light flywheel is a good way to go but if he has various other problems then I would just stick with a stock flywheel and I meant exedy oem not stage 1 lol.

i would like to replace that radiator just because its the original one and idk about you a blowed radiator on the highway is not a goodway to spend your day so if you could post some good radiators at a good price thats a direct fit with a link that be very nice

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sluder001 View Post
    i would like to replace that radiator just because its the original one and idk about you a blowed radiator on the highway is not a goodway to spend your day so if you could post some good radiators at a good price thats a direct fit with a link that be very nice
    Bugeye radiators are prone to cracking, so there are lots of aftermarket options out there, and they aren't difficult to find. We don't need to do your shopping for you, so just search for 2002 WRX radiators, and you'll find many options. Mishimoto is a popular brand.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I understand that what I guess I am asking is brands to stay away from or people having trouble with some in the past. Yes I serf the web I read reviews and see what's out there but most reviews are only from two or three people and its good, good and then bad then your just like what the heck but thanks for all the advice from everyone so far I will make a new thread in couple of months, and post in the proper spot. I will make a list of everything I had done to the car and the budget and maybe it will help someone that doing the same thing as me . but I am still always open to any suggestions thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    I don't think it actually has a 6-speed though...the shift lever doesn't have a reverse lock collar on it, which to this day, I've never seen a Subaru 6spd that doesn't have that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I don't think it actually has a 6-speed though...the shift lever doesn't have a reverse lock collar on it, which to this day, I've never seen a Subaru 6spd that doesn't have that.
    Is it possible to leave that out when doing a swap?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I am 100 percent positive it is my dad went threw all six gears while I was talking on the phone with him he counted them out

Really weird being that I get on here and read a lot. And some of the most knowledgable guys on this site, have commented on your post.
    But I haven't read that anybody has questioned how it's tuned.???
    It has a turbo back exhaust meaning downpipe on back. Also has an aftermarket intake.
    Do you know what type of tune it has on it? Or who did it? Did it come with an access port?

If you answered any of these question with.. Idunno, than now is the time to start researching why our cars are so sensitive to modifications. And also what tuning options fit you best.
    Most people go with a Cobb AccessPort. They are almost completely dummy proof, so it's a good first mod that will help you for further growth if you choose to do more with your cars horsepower. You will also need one to be pro tuned.
    Best of luck. And thanks for serving

.............CHEERS!!!
    Randy-
    2011 WRX limited
    02 blaze Wrx-sold
    04 Wrx pos- sold
    99 forester
    People say I'm like the girl next door,
    Y'all must have some really weird neighbors-Kelly Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
    Really weird being that I get on here and read a lot. And some of the most knowledgable guys on this site, have commented on your post.
    But I haven't read that anybody has questioned how it's tuned.???
    It has a turbo back exhaust meaning downpipe on back. Also has an aftermarket intake.
    Do you know what type of tune it has on it? Or who did it? Did it come with an access port?

If you answered any of these question with.. Idunno, than now is the time to start researching why our cars are so sensitive to modifications. And also what tuning options fit you best.
    Most people go with a Cobb AccessPort. They are almost completely dummy proof, so it's a good first mod that will help you for further growth if you choose to do more with your cars horsepower. You will also need one to be pro tuned.
    Best of luck. And thanks for serving

.............CHEERS!!!
    It would be wise to tune it to make sure you get the most out if your mods, but the 02 doesn't require the tune like the newer gens do for just the tbe and intake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.