Brand new DGM hatchback with summer tires and then it snows a foot!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brand new DGM hatchback with summer tires and then it snows a foot! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After consecutive 50 degree days here in Indiana, my WRX finally came in and I went and picked her up ...

Brand new DGM hatchback with summer tires and then it snows a foot!

After consecutive 50 degree days here in Indiana, my WRX finally came in and I went and picked her up last night. And then this morning we had almost a foot of snow on the ground and obviously I still have summer tires! Not a fun first commute to work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1969860_10100480686412889_204116411_o.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	139185Click image for larger version. 

Name:	895996_10100480686372969_1823781738_o.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	139193

Started on getting the new Cobb short shifter on, but after about an hour of messing with that freaking C-clip, I am going to go pick up some c-clip pliers. I'll keep the updates coming, because I have several things already in my garage waiting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Maybe wanted to buy new winter tires before you got a short shifter?

C-clip pliers are a godsend for that clip. You can also use needlenose pliers...I've used both successfully.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

welcome. check out indianaimpreza.com as well. A lot of local Ft Wayne guys on there.

I'm a member there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought summer tires could not be driven in snow period? Interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by SettleDown View Post

great looking hatch btw

Quote Originally Posted by kungfushifta View Post
    I thought summer tires could not be driven in snow period? Interesting....
    You can drive anything in anything...how effectively or safely, that's the question. It is NOT recommended at all to drive in snow, let alone winter...with summer tires.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Welcome and congrats on the purchase!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I feel your pain my friend. I bought my WRX on New Years Eve. I was hoping to eek out the winter with the stock Dunlops, but Mother Nature had other ideas. It snowed about 7" 3 weeks after I bought my WRX. It only stuck around for 3 days. If your careful, you can successfully drive in the snow with the stock Dunlops.

If your looking for a good set of all season tires, I recommend the Perelli P7's. I picked up a set about a month ago and I've been very happy with their performance.

Yea, I just cruised in 3rd down the interstate at about 35 mph and I just had to keep telling myself, "Summer tires!"

Definitely would have worked from home in retrospect, but it worked out.

I did get the Cobb shifter installed, but it needs a few adjustments. I am having trouble with the lower gears (2nd, 4th, R), so I suspect its set a little too low.

Your picture makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, Welcome to canada. Where you buy a subaru and you get a set of winters with it.

There are 3 allen key bolts on the cobb SS and you can adjust both ends of the shifter. I had the same issue when i got mine. after about 2 weeks the shifter slid down a bit and i had to shift from 1-3-5 because i couldn't get into the bottom gears or reverse. make sure you tighten the heck out of the bolts.

Yes, I had deduced while driving in this morning that I probably did not tighten the bottom bolt well enough, because I had to do the same 1-3-5 shifting. I even thought about going into the parking lot at work and just fixing it this afternoon, but it's extremely cold today!

This issue was the reason i keep a screwdriver set with socket attachments in the trunk.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, fellow Hoosier. Yes, we were teased mightily. but i think we're nearing the end. i'd wait to get winter tires until later. might find a deal on them somewhere. i got some from tire rack in south bend, on rims, free mount and balance.
    2013 Subaru WRX named BlueRex
    2003 Jeep Rubicon, special zombie apocalypse edition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.