Radical rattling!

This is a discussion on Radical rattling! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Week 3 of ownership. Anyone completely solved the excessive rattling these cars are prone to when you drop a quality ...

Radical rattling!

Week 3 of ownership.
    Anyone completely solved the excessive rattling these cars are prone to when you drop a quality system in them? My doors have Dynamat and I've double sided foam taped the license plate and brake light sitting on the rear deck lid which were the majority of the problem initially. However I still get a ton of noise from back there. If more Dynamat tomorrow doesn't remedy this headache, I may rip that entire deck lid out. Someone stop me....
    Any words of wisdom or similar experiences?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is this your first Subaru?...if so, welcome to rattles and squeaks. Good luck making them go away. It's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru...

my hatch doesn't rattle whatsoever, those damn brakelights always make a racket. another plus over a sedan i suppose

Re: Rattling

Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY View Post
    my hatch doesn't rattle whatsoever, those damn brakelights always make a racket. another plus over a sedan i suppose
    Well I double sided taped the top of the brake light today and that knocked out another source of rattling. Still needs foam in various places but it's a work in progress. I guess if I wanted it to be a show quality install free of all noise I would have dished out a lot more the the $1k I threw at it. Otherwise I love the car and it has made driving fun again. Thanks for the reply.

Yes first Subaru. I've owned a newer Tacoma, Passat 1.8T, GTI VR6, Golf, A4 1.8T, Cadillac CTS, Mustang GT, and now have the WRX and a Ram 2500. I suppose it's a labor of love and expect that as soon as I start with engine mods it'll become an obsession as we'll.

I just turn up the radio...but the catback also helps drown out the rattles and noise...haha