Newbie, WRX Wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie, WRX Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sup everyone just recently took the jump from a Honda to a Subaru, i came across one and i just ...

Talking Newbie, WRX Wagon

Sup everyone just recently took the jump from a Honda to a Subaru, i came across one and i just couldn't let it go to someone else. 2004 WRX Wagon, 150k, i was lucky enough to get put in contact with the old owner and he told everything, as far as maintenance and mods.

Mods:
    Eibach springs
    White line sway bars
    Borla Turbo back
    Cobb Stage 2 (questionable, anyone have a for-sure way to tell)

im sure ill be asking some dumb questions,so i'll apologize in advance. ;]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

beautiful! unscrew the down pipe and pull away from turbo- check if there is play

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^why? Seems highly un-necessary

Did the car come with an accessport? If it wasn't tuned it would likely not run well and show a CEL. Might want to ask him for more info other than 'Cobb stage 2,' that could mean anything.

I like that green civic hatch. Those are fun cars.

he managed to lose the access port, i may try and get back in contact with him. the car runs very well, only thing is the dealership i got it from put blend oil. =\ i'll run it for like 1k miles and then back to what the owner ran in it, which was 5w30 royal purple/ Mobil 1.

please if anyone has any look at this and check this, i dont mind. as i said i am new to these motors and cars.

hah and yeah i built the green hatch from the ground up.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Oh ok, makes sense now. Seems like an important piece of hardware to just lose lol. If you post a pic of the engine bay we could tell you if you have anything else done to it.

I have much more love/respect for those hatches and old CRX's after I saw them run at autoX. They do that very well indeed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

You didn't mention if your car has a catless uppipe or not. That should be done if it hasn't yet. Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod

I'd also make sure the maintenance schedule has been followed and get that caught up if not (timing belt should have been done at 105K).

I would recommend getting a tuning solution for your car. Whether that be tactrix cable/laptop opensource tune (this will allow you to download tunes through opensource tuners such as WTF tuning, who is a vendor here), or getting yourself an accessport and using the off the shelf tunes (which is what a stage 2 tune is). Regardless, when you modify the car, or it has been modified for you, it is advisable to have a way of logging data (monitors/records engine data) so that you can see if anything is going wrong, and then adjust as necessary.

Engine bay pic =]

anyone?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.