Hey 2015 WRX questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hey 2015 WRX questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rajien2 So from what ShiftingLines says installing a new nav system should not void the warrant if ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rajien2 View Post
    So from what ShiftingLines says installing a new nav system should not void the warrant if the engine explodes just my electrical system could be questioned later correct?
    Correct.

Your warranty can never be voided per say. Subaru can choose to deny a warranty claim if they feel your modifications are what caused the failure. It's highly unlikely that you would be denied a new engine because you installed a new head unit.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rajien2 View Post
    So from what ShiftingLines says installing a new nav system should not void the warrant if the engine explodes just my electrical system could be questioned later correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    If the navigation unit is installed properly you shouldn't run into any warranty issues. The new navigation unit will obviously not be under warranty by subaru, but other than that you should be just fine. Good luck with the purchase and I'm glad we could help you make your decision!
    ^ This response is perfect. Even if you do swap in a Nav, they can't rightfully deny you a claim if your electrical system shorts out, especially if the Nav was properly installed to spec. No worries there. If they do find out the new nav shorted out the car, then you have a problem, but aftermarket navs are so good now that it shouldn't do that at all.

Honestly, I don't find the stock nav bad at all. I have a 2014 Limited w/nav and I quite like it. It's not up to par with most other nav systems (i.e. Ford, Hyundai, etc), but it does the job and does it pretty well. You shouldn't be looking for a video game quality thing here. It's a car, not an arcade. Not saying you are, that's just my small rant. With the stock nav I've never been lost, it was $1000 cheaper than going aftermarket (as I would have had one installed, not done it myself, and I have expensive taste), and you can update it via an SD card that's removable. So all in all, really not a bad system. Also, the bluetooth integration is seamless and XM works beautifully. I have zero complaints about the stock nav. One more thing, you can improve sound quality with the stock nav unit as you get multiple save slots for eq settings. It's a major improvement over the stock head unit.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    The exact reason I got everything in my Limited WRX - EXCEPT the NAV.
    Which is unfortunately, the only way to get H&K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12