New to Subaru should I go only Cobb intake and exhaust system or other brands mixed??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to Subaru should I go only Cobb intake and exhaust system or other brands mixed?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone new to the forum and also a new Subaru owner with a 2013 WRX hatchback. I just bought ...

New to Subaru should I go only Cobb intake and exhaust system or other brands mixed??

Hey everyone new to the forum and also a new Subaru owner with a 2013 WRX hatchback. I just bought and installed a Cobb full intake and the Accessport V3 and about to buy and install the Cobb full exhaust with downpipe. Now my question is, should I buy all my parts Cobb or should I switch it around with other brands?? I want a exotic Subaru exhaust sound anybody have any suggestions??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    People mix and match. if you want an "exotic sound" you'll have to get some custom work done. But im sure youll be happy once you change your downpipe (catted or catless) and exhaust
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Define "exotic." Sound tone/characteristic will mostly come from the catback (disregarding UEL vs. ELH headers at this point). You don't by any means have to get a Cobb catback. I'd try and listen in person to whatever exhaust your interested in. But you really only have two options, can muffler or standard muffler. You can add varying resonators in the midpipe as well.

When I think exotic, I think Japanese brands. JiC Magic, Apexi, Greddy, Fujitsubo, Kakimoto, Akrapovic (European), those will give you the more "rare" sounds, but they'll also cost you more. Or there are several shops making their own exhaust. I was considering an Apexi World Sport muffler, Greddy RS muffler, or a Magnaflow standard muffler, and then bending and welding my own piping and adding a resonator of some sort. ...but I found a great deal on a JiC Magic 505, so that's what I got.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 03-05-2014 at 01:15 PM.

i was guna say it'd be easier to grab a dry filter intake, but its too late.

I Support ClubWRX
    I believe Akrapovic is European

Go to some meets or check out videos online to get an idea on what some mixed components sound like and start from there. Get Equal Length headers if you want to get rid of the boxer rumble but I if you were to spend the money on that I would rather go suspension upgrades first since your pretty much on a stock engine/turbo/fuel pump/injectors

If you want Exotic (when i hear that I think Aston, Ferrari, Lambo etc) youll need higher revving engine and maybe extra cylinders and maybe smaller pistons.T
    Last edited by cflip2x; 03-05-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I believe Akrapovic is European
    It is. and Fixed...

Equal Length Headers, Catless down pipe and standard muffler exhaust will give you a Porsche sounding exhaust!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Wow ok guys well thankyou much for that information!! Hey just to mention I was in Vegas yesterday and i seen a 2015 STI 5 door (looks like the 2014 impreza 5 door but wider) called my dealer and he said there are some out there being evaluated for fuel consumption, comfort, etc...my 2013 just got a new engine put in and just rebroke it in again on that trip. Needed 1500 miles b4 1st oil change and checkup has 17k with a new engine so Monday I buy cobb exhaust system and downpipe and reinstall my cobb intake and accessport stage 2.. Taking it to cobb in Fountain Valley for $2100 to install those 4 things so installation is costing me $300..good?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.