New guy here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New guy here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, I'm currently on the fence about buying a Subaru. I was wondering how you all felt going from ...

New guy here

Hello all, I'm currently on the fence about buying a Subaru. I was wondering how you all felt going from what ever you had to your first performance vehicle...
    If it helps I'll be going from an outlander sport to a wrx possibly even the sti.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i went from a 99 civic coupe to a 2006 wrx. it was the first turbo car/fast car i've ever owned and i loved the transition. the civic was a great car but the wrx put a smile on my face for sure

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have had one other performance vehicle in the past but have drivin MANY others. In terms of bang for your buck, the WRX/STI blows everything out of the water. I'm in love with my WRX and I don't know how I ever survived without it in the past. I has everything I could want and need out of a high performance DD and the capability to do SOOOO much more beyond stock (which is already phenomenal).

Believe me when I say this, if you choose a WRX or an STI, you will not be disappointed.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I came from an RSX. Was definitely worth it. I do wish I had bought a WRX wagon because I do miss the hatch and cargo space of the RSX.

Moved from a reliable 1993 accord to a beastly 07 wrxxxx

Cool...
    I guess I'm just wondering if it'll be worth it to get rid of my SUV. I love it but it is no fun to drive.

Using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rednamalas View Post
    Cool...
    I guess I'm just wondering if it'll be worth it to get rid of my SUV. I love it but it is no fun to drive.

Unless you actually use your SUV for like towing any kind of trailer then a newer WRX/STi can do all an SUV can. The 5 door WRX (hatch) has a pretty good amount of cargo space and either the sedan or the hatch both have plenty of leg room front and back. You can also very easily get a roof rack for either the sedan or the hatch which allows for more storage availability, Car top carrier, Bike Rack, Etc. Both seat 5 comfortably. With a set of great winter tires both the hatch and the sedan perform like monsters in the snow, subaru's all wheel drive system works extraordinarily well.

If you are really interested, go test drive one. you really don't know how roomy it is until you get inside one.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Just left the dealer... I sat in an sti and now I NEED one haha.
    But I can't justify spending 35k on a car

Using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Get the wrx then, because it's just as fun honestly. I drove both before buying, and while having the prestige of the STI badge would be nice, I'm perfectly fine with my wrx. You can make some changes to get up to the STI level, but if you're going to DD it, the wrx is probably a better choice anyway. the STI is much more set up for the track.
    2013 Subaru WRX named BlueRex
    2003 Jeep Rubicon, special zombie apocalypse edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Came from an '06 Accord 2-door automatic 4-cyl to a 2014 WRX Hatch. Best switch I've ever made. WRX is plenty of car and, IMO, is a better value than the STI. I feel most on here would agree especially since it's 10 grand less. Hatch has lots of room, but coming from an SUV, only thing that's going to match that is another SUV so don't get your hopes up. I can, however, fit a medium-large dog kennel in my trunk, with the back seats up so there is enough room in there for day-to-day tasks. Home Depot runs are doable with the back seats flat.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I think I may keep my outlander for my dd and whatever I decide to get well be my fun car 😀

Using Tapatalk

MTM
    it will be a lot more fun than outlander...

I came from corolla soo... yeah. Although before that I have a 3000GT VR4... my WRX is slower than that thing. But I have four doors and actual space behind the hatch... SO I can haul my kid/kids around as well as their stuff without issue.

Welcome! a wrx will be more than enough for most people. unless you plan on taking it auto-xing, to the drag strip, or HEAVILY modify it, the wrx will fit the bill. The only 2 real upsides of the sti are the drivetrain and the brakes/suspension. (oil pump, injectors, fuel pump, forged crankshaft). but you'd have to replace most of the sti components at the same power levels you'd change the wrx components.

i came from a 2001 mitsubishi galant with 190k, HUGE difference. would do it over again. driving is fun now, not just a chore

as far as hauling stuff. the hatch is nice, probably slightly less room than the outlander sport SLIGHTy

I don't really haul anything, I just take a lot of road trips lol...

Using Tapatalk

Is there anyone who has owned both... I've read some of the threads on the topic... But its more technical, in more interested in how you feel.

Using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast