New to the WRX scene! (and car tuning in general)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the WRX scene! (and car tuning in general) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, mezzoforte here. First time Subaru owner, the WRX is the first new car I've owned. My first car ...

New to the WRX scene! (and car tuning in general)

Hey everyone,

mezzoforte here. First time Subaru owner, the WRX is the first new car I've owned. My first car was a used 1999 Maxima, but for the past few years I've been driving around the family minivan - this is quite a nice change in pace Almost went with a Mazdaspeed3, but the fact that they didn't renew it for 2014, and the AWD of a Subaru convinced me otherwise Up till now I was never quite into the car tuning scene (most I ever contemplated was underlight neon / wide-body kit / ricing out my Maxima), but it's refreshing to see the thoughtful and educated posts on this forum. I definitely have a lot to learn.

I purchased this baby early December 2013. Base model, PBP, though they added in rear-camera with Alpine INE-W940 GPS system for me (been having problems with that btw - it seems to reboot itself randomly, moreso during cold weather - anyone else run into that??). Besides swapping out the stock summer performance tires with some CostCo all-seasons (I live in the Northeast) and purchasing crossbar / snowboard clamp, this baby is running stock (came with a short-throw shift), and I'm loving it.

Unfortunately I didn't do my homework before purchasing, especially regarding break-in. Luckily, I don't think I hit over 3000 RPMs during my first few thousand miles. It's my first time driving stick - I've tried out my friend's non-GTI Golf before, and the clutch on the the WRX definitely doesn't have as noticeable a "click" at the engagement point, which is pretty was confusing at first but now feels pretty awesome. I basically learned how to drive stick at my dealership while still in the lot. I'm around 3,000 miles in now, so I've been hitting the 4K RPM mark more often

Anyway, enough talk. Here's some photos of my baby, "Luna". 2014 WRX Base, Plasma Blue Pearl. Will hopefully have more photos once this darn winter passes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140121-DSC_8237-2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	137953

Name:	IMG_20140118_152924.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	137961

Name:	download_20140118_235528.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	137969

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Nice first picture. Welcome!

thanks! the second two were via cell phone haha. it looks like my middle one is rotated incorrectly... any tips on how I can rotate it without re-uploading?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.