New Member from Rochester NY - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Member from Rochester NY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I can agree with everything you said about the dealership! And i have a little under 2k on my wrx ...

I can agree with everything you said about the dealership! And i have a little under 2k on my wrx now and it seems to be preform great although i do here i noise coming from the front left hub. Very faint ill see if its goes away but other then that everything great. Hopefully both our wrx's will be better than your forester aha.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I notice that when I back out of the driveway, then put it into 1st gear and start to move forward, I hear a little "clunk" from the right front wheel area. I'm curious if others have heard this. I think it might be the "hill assist" feature releasing from the wheel, but I have no proof.

Anyone?

Have you had the Rock In between the dust shield and rotor yet ?? Happened to me twice already and it's the worst sounds you'll ever here. Scared the **** out if me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, no rocks. But I did a little searching and I found that the "clunk" that I'm hearing from the front right-hand side is the ABS system self-test being activated or completed. Might be solenoid or something, I'm not sure. But it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew_V View Post
    I notice that when I back out of the driveway, then put it into 1st gear and start to move forward, I hear a little "clunk" from the right front wheel area. I'm curious if others have heard this. I think it might be the "hill assist" feature releasing from the wheel, but I have no proof.

Anyone?
    Nope, it's not your hill assist. It's the ABS going through a self check. And it's totally normal. Trust me on this...it's been fiercely debated on here and on other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris14WRX View Post
    Have you had the Rock In between the dust shield and rotor yet ?? Happened to me twice already and it's the worst sounds you'll ever here. Scared the **** out if me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This can happen from time to time. Especially where there's a lot of debris on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    Nope, it's not your hill assist. It's the ABS going through a self check. And it's totally normal. Trust me on this...it's been fiercely debated on here and on other forums.
    Yeah, I already discovered the answer in the post right above yours. I didn't think anything was really wrong with the car, really, but I was always curious about it from day 1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12