New Member, and New Car
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Member, and New Car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, I just bought a 2014 WRX and I love pretty much everything about this car. I came from ...

New Member, and New Car

Hello all,

I just bought a 2014 WRX and I love pretty much everything about this car. I came from a 2004 Honda SI hatch that had a ton of mods and this FAR surpasses my SI and its 100% stock. I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with some upgrades. I'm open to pretty much any upgrade there is (especially sound system, thats the only thing I feel the car lacks). I honestly feel that the WRX hardly needs any upgrades, but I'm American and I want more speed and more power. What are some good exhaust companyies and Intake companies that I can go with? What would be some good upgrades right off the start? I already have a short throw shifter, added security, and blue underglow that I had the dealer include as an added deal for me just walking in there and buying a car out of the blue. I guess they are items that subaru sells as upgrades or options? Anyhow, if anyone knows any good mods or companies that work well with a WRX that would be awesome!

Thanks all,

B

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum! There are literally thousands of threads that already answer your questions. Utilize the forum search function in the top right hand corner of the webpage to help find what you need. There is also a great thread for what to do for your first mods that is stickied somewhere.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Welcome!

Read up! The link in my sig is a good place to start. These are very different cars to modify than the SI.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome! Go to the engine modifications portion of the forum. There is a thread stickied named, what to do and what not to do. As well as many more.
    Keep in mind that any power mods you add, your car needs a tune, minus a catback. OTS maps or pro tune are fine. I have a tune from torqued performance, which I love.
    Rally Sport direct is a good place to reference prices, but there are a few vendors on here that will give you a better price, just got to contact them with what u want.
    Good luck!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I would suggest the Cobb accessport and cobb sf intake system for first mods !
    04 Impreza Wrx

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome!

Never buy form rallysport, their prices are crazy in my experience. Contact Craig at Fast Tuning Products when you want to buy something. Great prices and better customer service. Welcome to the forum!! Enjoy your new car!

My friends just said he bought the Cobb access port. I've never upgraded any electronics. What exactly does that accessport do?

I Support ClubWRX
    Search Search Hurry up and Search

In short its a device that adjusts the ECU settings so that I can work correctly with certain off the shelf modifications (downpipe/intake).
    Though after a certain point with larger custom modifications you would want to get a custom tune at shop.

COBB Tuning - Subaru Accessport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp9D5jQTHYk

Of you can go open source you may want to read this to get an idea. The Cobb is very simple to use yet expensive.

Cobb AP vs OpenECU (Tactrix/Romraider/ECUFlash)
    Last edited by cflip2x; 03-08-2014 at 08:54 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome!

~Tyler K~
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please disregard typos!

Welcome to the forum!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome. audio was the very first mod I did. The stuff I did is in my profile. Hit me up if you have questions about any of it.
    2013 Subaru WRX named BlueRex
    2003 Jeep Rubicon, special zombie apocalypse edition

Thanks man, I used to work at best buy in the car audio dept so I do have a pretty good overall knowledge of what's up. I'll definitely hit you up if I've got any questions, cause I haven't really worked on many Subaru models.

Welcome,
    Congrats on the purchase! I'm very new here too and have many of the same questions about best bang for the buck upgrades. I did just drop a nice system in my 2014 WRX sedan and can offer you a bit of wisdom I gained down that path. Holler at me anytime and best of luck with your new fun mobile!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.