Questions about my new WRX? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Questions about my new WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah I didn't think about resting my arm on the shifter I'm already bad at doing that but habits are ...

Goose Creek, South Carolina, United States
    Yeah I didn't think about resting my arm on the shifter I'm already bad at doing that but habits are hard to break

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Garverbk View Post
    yeah i was watching some how to videos so i had some idea of what i was doing. I was looking though what are the advantages of a short shifter, to me i like the height of the normal shifter and i feel like if im just daily driving the short shift is not going to really matter but this is my first so what is your take on that?
    A short throw shifter will reduce the "throw" of the shift into gear. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the shifter height.

The SPT short throw shifter maintains the stock shifter height and reduces the throw, but not as much as the Kartboy short throw shift lever.

The Kartboy short throw shift lever reduces the shifter height and reduces the throw even more than the SPT short throw shifter.

BTW, the WRX SPT short throw shifter shares the same linkages as the stock shifter (the short throw occurs in the lever, not the linkages). If you really want to preserve the shifter height but want a shorter throw, the cheapest way to do that is to buy the SPT short throw lever second hand (from someone changing to a Kartboy short throw shift lever). It'll cost somewhere around $80-100, give or take.

Yea but spt is protected under warranty and the height is perfectly fine, oem is always better than aftermarket IMO, especially on a brand new car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Anarchy Motive Shift knob, its heavy, and powder coated white (its got a slight sparkle like the SWP paint, but a little flatter), it's fairly large but it it fits nicely into my hands whether I shift from the top or the side. I also have the SPT short shifter, I think I may have test drove a WRX that didn't have it, but I basically only know the feeling of the short shifter. Also I think there are 2 different types of armrest extensions you can get, one just moves the current armrest forward, and the other adds another compartment to raise it higher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12