NEwB 07 STI Owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NEwB 07 STI Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; HEy HEy just want to introduce myself names jeremy most call me trusty i just picked up a 07 Sti ...

NEwB 07 STI Owner

HEy HEy

just want to introduce myself names jeremy most call me trusty i just picked up a 07 Sti with almost 70K
    just curious about some tasty performance upgrade options and Engine Durability with said upgrades its my daily wheels so im not looking to blow it up
    also ive heard a few things about 07's being lean prone and having lame factory tune
    so yeah any info or direction would be great

-Trusty

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Any mods done to the car already? Post up some pics.

Read this thread if you haven't --> First Modifications - what to do and not to do

I also like this thread --> Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

And most important, read the owners manual front to back and make sure you are all up to date on maintenance.

Just skip all the bs and go rotated!!! Haha just kidding....those threads are good to read though!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty View Post
    HEy HEy

just want to introduce myself names jeremy most call me trusty i just picked up a 07 Sti with almost 70K
    just curious about some tasty performance upgrade options and Engine Durability with said upgrades its my daily wheels so im not looking to blow it up
    also ive heard a few things about 07's being lean prone and having lame factory tune
    so yeah any info or direction would be great

-Trusty
    I came from a 2007 STI a few years back...and I can tell you, the lean spots do exist. Great cars, but you may notice some stumble at WOT right around 3300-3700rpms. That's where it leans out which is no bueno. From what I understand, Subaru offered a TSB or recall or whatever to flash a new stock factory tune which was supposed to fix that, but it wasn't very public. What I will tell you, that going Stage 2 with a protune will solve all of those problems. It was nothing short of an incredibly fun car to drive after that.

I wouldn't bother with a Cobb AP or off the shelf tune, because when I saw my baseline (with Cobb Stage 2 OTS), it had only magnified the lean spot. It was a bit better than stock, but still existed!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    We don't take kindly to those who don't post pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    We don't take kindly to those who don't post pictures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140223_120025.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	137409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140222_081153.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	137401

here ya go boss

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome

Any mods done to the car already? Post up some pics.

Read this thread if you haven't --> First Modifications - what to do and not to do

I also like this thread --> Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

And most important, read the owners manual front to back and make sure you are all up to date on maintenance.
    it has a few mods its been lovered it has a camber kit and a adjustable dampener greddy blow off greddy exhaust strut bars front n back and thats all ive spotted so far, i just took a look under the dash it has a cobb tuner cord but of course no tuner box "acessport"
    Last edited by Trusty; 02-26-2014 at 08:04 PM.

welcome!

I miss my STI
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.