New subbie owner!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New subbie owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Names Mat. well I have always wanted to own a wrx, so last wednesday i finally bit the ...

New subbie owner!

Hey guys, Names Mat. well I have always wanted to own a wrx, so last wednesday i finally bit the bullet and bought a one owner 2009 wrx sedan 59k miles.
    Car is stock besides some MEGAN RACING mufflers the previous owner put on, but i have some plans for it this summer!
    Im from the Buffalo area, any other fellow members from around here?

Heres a few pictures of my car, and a few from the other day with a couple of my buddies cars.

day i drove it home from the dealer

Buddies 2011 wrx hatchback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet ride man, hope you love it

welcome to the forums

Registered User heinskits Velvet's Avatar
    Nice ride...I want those blacked out headlights, I have an extra pair just waiting to be split...

Looks nice, congrats! I'm also a new owner of a WRX, I managed to snag a 2003 bug eye with only 60k! I was suuuuuper lucky, these cars are always in high demand in Alaska so I jumped on the opportunity once my friend told me about it. It pays to know people who work at the dealerships!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome! and congratulations.

thanks guys! damn alaska huh? its been feeling like aslaska here in ny the past couple days haha nothing like waking up for work in the morning and having it be -10 -.-

but anyways last saturday was the first time i was able to put my car on the lift at work, and let me tell you i was in for a surprise. nothing really major but the driver side inner fender was half smashed out.. idk how i missed it when i looked at it at the dealer, but after work i drove right back up there (midn you its about an hour and ten min away from me) pissed off, asked them how they could sell me a car like this? so they ordered me up a brand new inner fender and had it shipped right to my house. Finally came in today along with my yellow fog light overlays
    Hopefully putting them on tomorrow after work when i get the chance, ill throw some pictures up after its all said and done.

well got the inner fender in the other weekend, but the fog light overlays i got wouldnt stick for ****!
    So i ordered a pair off ebay instead and these worked perfectly. Also had my new trans oil arrive at my door today. so tomorrow after work im going to change it out and see how much of a difference its going to make.
    1st and reverse were starting to stick a little so i figured id go with that andrewtech cocktail that everyone talks about.

looks better at night and in person
    ill take a night shot next time i remember

Well idk if anyone reads this or follows or what ever, but oh well haha
    So after work today I was finally able to put my car on the lift
    And change out the trans gear fluid. At only 60k miles it was almost pure silver
    Which kind of shocked me. Let me tell you tho after putting in that new fluid that andrew tech
    Recommended it's like a new transmission. Shifting has never been so smooth.
    I strongly recommend this to anyone who's having some sticky gears. Well worth the 70$.
    If you have a long enough funnel there's no need to take off the inter cooler.
    Saves time and frustration putting it back on. I should of taken some pictures of how i did it but oh well
    It's really straight forward and basic for anyone to do.

Quote Originally Posted by subbiekid09 View Post
    Well idk if anyone reads this or follows or what ever, but oh well haha
    So after work today I was finally able to put my car on the lift
    And change out the trans gear fluid. At only 60k miles it was almost pure silver
    Which kind of shocked me. Let me tell you tho after putting in that new fluid that andrew tech
    Recommended it's like a new transmission. Shifting has never been so smooth.
    I strongly recommend this to anyone who's having some sticky gears. Well worth the 70$.
    If you have a long enough funnel there's no need to take off the inter cooler.
    Saves time and frustration putting it back on. I should of taken some pictures of how i did it but oh well
    It's really straight forward and basic for anyone to do.
    Which transmission fluid did you use? I want to do this to mine as well.

i got it from a site called rallysportdirect. just look under the fluids section and youll find a bunch, just do your research and make a decision. read the reviews on them, thats all i did
    2.8 qts of redline shockgear and a 1qt of the motul gear 300 75w90 gear oil

It's been a while since anyone's posted on this thread but hopefully I'll get a response. I finally have the free time to change my transmission fluid so I'm going with the Andrewtech cocktail as well. But my stupid question of the week is: does the rear differential use the mogul gear 300 75W90 fluid (without the mix) as well?
    I figured I might as well change that at the same time.

yea it takes the same fluid , sorry for the late response, been really busy working to jobs now and trying to squeeze in time to work on the car.

but on another note ive done a few things to my car in the past few months.
    i removed the rear resonator before the mufflers, makes so much of a difference in sound.
    Plasti dipped my wheels and grill. heres a few pictures of a ride to buffalo the past weekend and some of just my car

after i did my wheels

from buffalo with my buddy and his 11 hatch

next im gonna tackle cracking open my headlights and painting them.

but for now its good enough for me.

well figured id post a few pictures from the recent clutch and center differential change. it kind of was a pain in the a$$ to do but got it all back together tonight, taking her for a little cruise tomrrow to test her out, replaced the stock shifter with the kartboy short throw with bushings, it feels well worth it already and thats without even driving it yet

thats always a good sign..

New subbie owner!

Woah, what a beauty! I'm new to the community too. I got a 2005. I really wanted an 08+ but I didn't have the money. Hope to see more of your car in the future!

Oh! And also, how do you like having plastidipped wheels? Do they hold up well? I'm planning on doing mine soon.

What did you do to that gear!? Calm down on that shifting!!
    Is that causing problems or is it still working fine?
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast