Reserved Today :) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Reserved Today :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; True motortrend are idiots but 11+ gr/gv are lighter and ran better times...

True motortrend are idiots but 11+ gr/gv are lighter and ran better times

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey what's up guys! I just reserved my 2015 wrx as well. The dealer says it should be delivered last week of April so we'll see if that holds true. This will be my 2nd Subbie, I had an 02 impreza that got smashed up when a uhaul truck decided to plow into me at a stop light. Been looking for a car for about 6 months now and I can't wait to get my hands on this new car. I'll post pics as soon as I get it, I was wondering if I should have the dealer install the short throw shifter already or should I wait on that? Let me know what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu43 View Post
    Hey what's up guys! I just reserved my 2015 wrx as well. The dealer says it should be delivered last week of April so we'll see if that holds true. This will be my 2nd Subbie, I had an 02 impreza that got smashed up when a uhaul truck decided to plow into me at a stop light. Been looking for a car for about 6 months now and I can't wait to get my hands on this new car. I'll post pics as soon as I get it, I was wondering if I should have the dealer install the short throw shifter already or should I wait on that? Let me know what you guys think.
    I would personally wait on that. 1. It's cheaper if you do it yourself and 2. wait for aftermarket as they tend to be better value. 3. you get to see the difference. You make like it stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    I would personally wait on that. 1. It's cheaper if you do it yourself and 2. wait for aftermarket as they tend to be better value. 3. you get to see the difference. You make like it stock.
    Great advice!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Cool, good idea. I know the new 2015 model is a love it/hate it kinda thing. But I personally love it. Really sucks that there are no hatchbacks but really love the new interior & body changes. Now if only April would hurry up and get here already! Lol

I got an OEM STS on my '14 hatch, but only because the car was still sitting on the dock and they could add it for 2% under invoice.

Having the * dealer * install the STS after the car arrives is the worst of all scenarios, because you're not only likely paying retail for the part, but also paying retail dealer shop/labor charges.

The OEM, while good enough for me for now, isn't a great deal, even at 2% under invoice. It's a horrible deal when it's added later.

It's a shame this thread temporarily descended into some '14 vs '15 thing. Congrats and enjoy!

All WRX redesign are always a love/hate kinda thing. Historically, it will eventually be loved by all. It just takes longer for some people to realize it

I am also excited! Can't wait for April/May to get here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu43 View Post
    Cool, good idea. I know the new 2015 model is a love it/hate it kinda thing. But I personally love it. Really sucks that there are no hatchbacks but really love the new interior & body changes. Now if only April would hurry up and get here already! Lol

I'd go with the dealer install spt short throw. That way it will all be covered under warranty

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Congrats. Also it seems like these new engines are going to love being modded.
    Yeah, I can't wait to see what everyone ends up doing to theirs and the numbers! Thanks everyone for the welcoming and comments. Ill be sure to post pics when I get it. For those of you wondering I ended up getting out with a base WRX for $27,682.30 and $1,000 down for reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt troise View Post
    I'd go with the dealer install spt short throw. That way it will all be covered under warranty
    Get the SPT shifter and add a Kartboy unit later. The factory unit only reduces throws by about 10% by shortening the linkage (assuming they do the same style for the 2015s)...KB unit generally reduces it by 20% by using a shorter lever. Add em together, and you've got a good combination.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I got my base '14 dgm with Sti short throw already installed for $27k even out the door after tax/tags. I love the shifter I also got the Sti ergo knob aluminum/leather wrapped, best shifter ever, highly recommended

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123