complete noob to subaru. wanting to get into a 2015 wax maybe and evolution x
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on complete noob to subaru. wanting to get into a 2015 wax maybe and evolution x within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As the title states Im a complete noob for subarus. I have a 2004 Silverado SS and I'm getting really ...

complete noob to subaru. wanting to get into a 2015 wrx maybe a evolution x

As the title states Im a complete noob for subarus. I have a 2004 Silverado SS and I'm getting really bored driving automatic pickup. I miss driving stick and want to get back into a sports car. I previously had a 88 beretta gt that I spent way too much money on haha. I had a 09 turbo Cobalt SS fun but fwd. After that I moved onto a 2006 GTO that with just bolt ons was 400whp. So I've had a couple fun cars. This truck thing I thought would be fun but now after 2 years I'm sick of it. It's a great truck just not me. Currently I'm stuck between wanting a evolution x gsr or a 2015 wrx. I'm leaning heavily toward the wrx that's why I joined and have been reading up on the car here so much. I just can't wait till I can actually get in a wrx and take it for a test drive to decide which I would prefer. Any input welcomed. But just coming in to introduce myself
    Last edited by JoeB8888; 02-20-2014 at 07:58 PM. Reason: stupid f'n autocorrect

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome.

The Evos have historically been more of a racecar than the WRX/STi. Containing even worse interiors than subaru haha. The Impreza is a little more daily driving friendly. That's what I find at least, after riding in several evos and knowing a few owners. That being said they're generally faster and more powerful with comparable mods than the impreza. Either one though has their strengths and weaknesses yada yada; you'll just have to find what suits you best.

More on that GTO! I had an 06 m6. I couldn't hit 400 rwhp without a cam. You're like the 5th person moving from a GTO to a wrx.
    I know nothing of evos, so I'm no help. Welcome though!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! The reason I didnt get an EVO... that trunk space is about this (__) big. No room for golf clubs no reason for me to buy it.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

If you think the evo has a small trunk check out the GTO's trunk. Hell the gas tank is in there. The GTO made just over 400rwhp. I had OBX long tube headers (yea I know they are knockoffs), I ported and polished both the intake and throttle body, magna flow catback, vararam intake, no other mods that I can remember. It was an 06 m6 spice red metallic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joebennettgtoboltons.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	136657

Name:	20120411_171222.jpg 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	136665
    Current ride
    04 arrival blue SSS

Name:	20120923_184209.jpg 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	136673

Yeah those GTOs trunks are a joke.

But those numbers are extremely impressive. That is ls3 territory. SRM is my favorite color. Nice ride!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Even though this is a WRX/STI forum... I'd still go EVO if I had the $$. Just be ready to spend approximately what you paid for the car in all the mods you will inevitably buy!

Its really about what you're going to be using it for! Test drive them both and decide which one will benefit you more! If I was looking for more of a weekender I'd take an EVO if I could afford it. But for a daily I choose a wrx. and I love it!

Yea, it's a long story but I miss that GTO terribly. But now I want awd it's a lot smarter living in the northeast with snow and such. The car will be my dd. I've test driven the evo and I really liked it, just felt for the price the interior was lacking. Especially the wrx is that much cheaper. I'd be looking to probably getting a limited 2015 wrx with navigation hk audio and keyless access and start. I want to be able to test drive it first. I wasn't really fond of 2012s when I was looking at them back then. I got in one at a car show and just wasn't impressed. The car just didn't feel like me. I know I didn't drive it but idk just didn't fit me. I'm hoping I get a better feeling with the new wrx. I saw the 2015 sti at the Philly auto show. I liked the style. But bummed I couldn't really check it out since it was up on a ramp and you couldn't really go near it

Reviving thread to say my 2015 wrx is on order. Dealer says it should be here in June. Argg now the waiting game. And wow the 2015 is soo much better than the 2014. I test drove both and just from a test drive the 2015 felt so much better and the overall car I felt was nicer. Like everyone else says the car looks 1000x better in person. I ordered a base with no options. Felt like I was going to do the stereo anyway and this car I can live without leather and a moonroof. Plus more money for mods now.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Congrats!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.