Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get STi

6 13.95%
  • Get WRX and Save money for Mods

37 86.05%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Don't own a Subaru, convince me I should.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you love your Golf so much, you can always find a used Golf R as well. Otherwise...2015 WRX as ...

If you love your Golf so much, you can always find a used Golf R as well. Otherwise...2015 WRX as others have said. *also cross shopping WRX / Golf R*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMartini View Post
    what other things are there? its me and my toys, that is all...
    Buy Wrx, save money for bewbs

Its really up to you. The wrx offers reliable performance but the interior is crap. If your ok with the cheap interior, the WRX would be nice upgrade.

I drove the my cousins 2012 gti with the dsg. The dsg shifts quick and the interior is nice, handles well for a fwd car, but feels like i'm playing real life playstation and still isn't as fun as rwd or awd to drive.

so after continuing my research, i have come to another question.... If i can find a used, unmolested WRX or preferably, STi, is there a point where the mileage becomes too high? Keep in mind, financing will be for 5 years roughly 60,000 miles.... i would be looking for 2012-2014 used... thanks again guys(and ladies)! you have all been helpful and supportive thus far!

I Support ClubWRX
    Will you be (1) autocrossing or participating in PDEs often or (2) will this be a daily driver, with sometimes exuberant hopefully responsible flogging on public roads? I've done both. A lot.

1. - STi

2. - WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    No "bewbs" option either...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Invalid poll. No bewbs.
    So true ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Will you be (1) autocrossing or participating in PDEs often or (2) will this be a daily driver, with sometimes exuberant hopefully responsible flogging on public roads? I've done both. A lot.

1. - STi

2. - WRX

So true ...
    ok, let me first clear this up. I have no clue what PDE means. Secondly, if i had the choice I would be buying an S4 3.0T brand new. Truth is, i am not a baller and can't afford that. So that being said, a little back story. I am going to be selling my completely remodeled home for a hefty profit (at least it is here in Western PA). I enjoy the finer things in life and would love to put that money into a fun, reliable daily driver. The car will be a daily in winter and rarely driven in the summer. I have a bike for those days. The local Wyotech hold autocross events quite often in the summer and would love to build a car that can do well in that environment. At this point I am strongly considering an STI. New or used. If I go new, I will be ordering a 2015. If I go used to save more money for go fast bits, i just want to know what to look out for. I come from the VW/Audi world and know very few people in my are with WRX/Sti's. thanks again.
    Last edited by DirtyMartini; 02-21-2014 at 05:59 PM.

'14 / White / STI / Hatch

...unless ground clearance matters, then get a used Xterra
    2013 WRX Premium Hatch DGM

Quote Originally Posted by WS6roars View Post
    '14 / White / STI / Hatch

...unless ground clearance matters, then get a used Xterra
    kinda weird. i like the xterras but thats an extra vehicle. and white is going to be first choice

I bought a used 2011 wrx premium last month with 60000 miles. It's certified, and one owner. I bought it because of the history it has. 35+ yr old female that didn't even tint the Windows. Also got it for a steal. Any WRX with miles under 30000 are way to close in price to a brand new WRX, so I found this beauty with no regrets!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    ok, let me first clear this up. I have no clue what PDE means. Secondly, if i had the choice I would be buying an S4 3.0T brand new. Truth is, i am not a baller and can't afford that. So that being said, a little back story. I am going to be selling my completely remodeled home for a hefty profit (at least it is here in Western PA). I enjoy the finer things in life and would love to put that money into a fun, reliable daily driver. The car will be a daily in winter and rarely driven in the summer. I have a bike for those days. The local Wyotech hold autocross events quite often in the summer and would love to build a car that can do well in that environment. At this point I am strongly considering an STI. New or used. If I go new, I will be ordering a 2015. If I go used to save more money for go fast bits, i just want to know what to look out for. I come from the VW/Audi world and know very few people in my are with WRX/Sti's. thanks again.

PDE = performance driving event also known as a track day. You go out on a real racetrack with an instructor. https://www.trackdaze.com/ << I did one of these back in September 2012.

Autocross: The Sports Car Club of America - Solo

If you do not intend to do either, get the WRX.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    PDE = performance driving event also known as a track day. You go out on a real racetrack with an instructor. https://www.trackdaze.com/ << I did one of these back in September 2012.

Autocross: The Sports Car Club of America - Solo

If you do not intend to do either, get the WRX.
    Bill, the game has changed for the 2015s...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    QFT
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Bill, the game has changed for the 2015s...
    How so? I know the standard WRX finally has a proper sport suspension ...
    Mods & Pics

FIRST of all, gin or vodka? Shaken or stirred? (sorry--had to!)

And more importantly, when you do finally pull the trigger on a WRX/STI, be prepared to make a lot of new friends. A LOT. I had no idea what I was getting myself into with this car... Meets, dinners, fun cruises thru mountains, donuts in dirt lots, snow, etc. And cool Subie peeps there to do it/GoPro it all with you. Subie life = cult life. Brace yourself, Dirty Martini, for you have been warned!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    How so? I know the standard WRX finally has a proper sport suspension ...
    And a much more balanced distribution of weight. This is most key IMO. Subaru has long compensated for the poor weight distribution over the front axle with fancy differentials. The WRX, lacking fancy differentials, offered less-than-stellar handling from the factory. Supposedly, by moving the turbo under the motor and changing the design of the transmission, Subaru R&D was able to move the engine's center of mass nearly 6 inches into the body. Just think about that for a second....

The new STi retains the fancy differentials, but none of the weight distribution enhancement the WRX has received. The difference between the two in handling may be closer than you think. With proper LSDs, the new WRX may wipe the floor with the STi in the corners.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.