This is a discussion on NEW MEMBER within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats crackin all! new to club wrx haven't started browsing the site yet but ill get to it. not sure ...

Whats crackin all! new to club wrx haven't started browsing the site yet but ill get to it. not sure where to ask this question that i have which is the reason for joining this forum but here goes

so my 13 wrx is not modded what so ever it has 17550 miles on it and the turbo has given out. no boost what so ever. I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this. the car has not been beat on for a while since february of last year. since then there has been no symptoms or unusual noises until just the other day out of the blue under no abnormal driving. I'm thinking this should be a full warranty situation. any feed back would be greatly appreciated. the appointment is set for the 28th of this month.

A little more background on me than whats in my profile. Im a mechanic for most of my life and started messing with turbo cars from 2003. Ive known for turbos to come undone although not common its also not unheard of. Im really not in the mood to be spending a few grand on a turbo subaru should take care of me right??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so you haven't done anything what so ever to the car? also did you guy this car new?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

correct absolutely stock purchased new 1/5/2013

I Support ClubWRX
    If Subaru reviews this, and it's not because of driver error (i.e. they will be able to tell if you've beaten on the car or not), they should fully take care of this as that is well under the warranty timing.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Yeah this is 100% a warranty scenario and I don't see why it shouldn't be covered. Especially since you have not modded. The turbos on these cars don't just normally go out and if they do it's either a special case or complete neglect for the routine maintenance of the vehicle. Which, as a mechanic, I'm sure you are well aware of.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Yep. The car had been to the dealer for the 4 services that are covered under my new car contract. I've dealt with Garrett directly in the past with a similar situation. What had happen was the inpeller came undone from the shaft. Which Garrett gladly and quickly sent a new replacement as well as paid for the faulty turbo to be sent back. This was on a personal build a few years back
    Ty for the reassurance.

As long as I've been a monkey. With this car I really don't want to do any hands on aside from oil changes and preventative maintanence until the 60k warranty is up. Well maybe just to the 36k bumper to bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Kekoaenos View Post
    As long as I've been a monkey. With this car I really don't want to do any hands on aside from oil changes and preventative maintanence until the 60k warranty is up. Well maybe just to the 36k bumper to bumper
    That is awfully smart. As a lifetime gear-head, I am taking mine to the dealer even for oil changes through the duration of my warranty period.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar
    should be covered buddy! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

will do got my home time scheduled for next week thursday just so i can be there to get it on the tow truck and over to the dealer

well car went in thursday morning on the back of a flatbed got a call today from the service writer for my car everything is covered by warranty. oh what a relieve it is. not sure when it'll be ready to be picked up or if it'll just be pure luck if I'm back when they say its ready. life a truck driver never home to play with all the nice toys

full warranty! no out of pocket aside from the tow bill

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Did you find out what the problem was yet?

the bearing in the turbo came un-done they haven't sent pictures yet not even sure if they took any being a truck driver i don't have the ability to get over there and check it out