Headlights
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Headlights within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering if anyone could suggest a better brighter headlight bulb for my 14 scoobi? I've drove a truck ...

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar

Headlights

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a better brighter headlight bulb for my 14 scoobi? I've drove a truck for the past three years so sitting up high had its advantages when it was rainy and dark out. Now im sitting lower in the WRX and it just seems that the headlights arent bright at all. I dont know if I should adjust them to bring them up higher from factory settings or if anyone had a suggestion on a brighter bulb? If so can you point me in the right direction? I read the post on the headlight upgrade but that had modding involved and I dont care much for doing that when I could possibly just replace the bulb with a brighter one.. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do the H9 swap. There are threads everywhere if you search. The bulbs are here: Amazon.com: Philips H9 Standard Headlight Bulb, Pack of 1: Automotive

You will need to file the one tab inside the connector on the bulb, but that takes 5 minutes with a x-acto knife or small hand files. From start to finish installed in the car, 30 minutes.
    '14 SWP STI

^ beat me to it

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I didnt want to have to mod anything to make them fit. I mean I will if thats the only option. What I am looking for is just a better bulb than stock that maybe someone could suggest. One theyve used and can see a difference.

I'm not going to bother looking but H11 to H9 is almost double the lumen output. So the bulbs will be brighter but won't last as long.

There is no other cheaper alternative than swapping H9's. It's so cheap and easy they should just come that way from the factory. I did it on my rex and would take that over a plug and play HID kit that throws light everywhere.
    '14 SWP STI

You don't change anything to your car.. You just file off a tab on the new bulb.

Okay then. I guess the H9 it is lol. Ya'll seem pretty confident on the change so thats the way I'll go.

Oh and just to be clear. This will work on a 2014 correct? The post say 08+ but you can never be to sure.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismartin3391 View Post
    Oh and just to be clear. This will work on a 2014 correct? The post say 08+ but you can never be to sure.
    Yes it will, your factory lows are H11. You will wish you did this sooner. For $20 it's one of the best mods to do on these cars.
    '14 SWP STI

Yea. Ive only owned it for a week and a half now. Exhaust was my first mod. But after driving it home the other night I realized I really needed to do something about the headlights. As said earlier Im used to driving a truck where its clear and bright. This thing being lower just makes it a little bit harder to see. But this will def be a mod getting done this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.