Considering buying a Subaru! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Considering buying a Subaru! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 386WRX I just sold my 2006 GTO ls2 M6 last month. Just long tubes and intake. I ...

Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    I just sold my 2006 GTO ls2 M6 last month. Just long tubes and intake. I love that thing, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse on it. I always loved manual RWD v8 cars, so I was looking at an ls2 cts-v. Always loved the looks of the WRX, but its an import . On my way to get the CTS-v, I stopped at a bmw dealership which had my WRX out front. I checked it out, immediately fell in love. After I got my hands on the wheel, it was game over. Nothing like Ive ever driven before! And it is extremely functional. Go with the WRX (2011 or newer), or at least 09-2010, you will not be disappointed. Just did a TP stage 1 on her and it already feels on par with the GTO from a roll, and lightning compared to the GTO from a dig.

My old baby:

New baby:
    I'm not a fan of the gto, but i'm a huge fan of the LS motors. So much power for so little money invested. If i had the spare cash, i would do a e46 LS swap in a m3 wide body.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, before I bought my GTO I was looking for my old Camaro ss. Then for a terminator cobra, then for a 2011+ wrx. GTO wasn't even on my list cause it looked fugly. Then I heard one, and researched the numbers, and looked at modding it. They are expensive to mod btw. I had to add wheels, grind the fenders to accommodate 285s, paint the whole front end, add a lip, and add black accents to get it looking nice. The interior, however, is glorious.

Anyways, Im a huge LS motor advocate, hence my search for an ls2 cts v, prior to my wrx. Extremely potent line of motors, I WILL have an ls7 one day, my dream motor. But throwing a big turbo and the like on a 2011+ STI are rearing it up, love my wrx!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Test drove the 09 today. It was a short drive and I didn't push it very hard at all, but it wasn't as thrilling as I'd hoped. The throw seemed long even compared to my GTO and the motor was noisier than the exhaust which I'm not used to. The interior was ok but not overly impressive. I dunno. For what I'm looking for the wrx seems to be best contender but I still wasn't overly impressed. I'm going to keep my eye out for a 2011+ if it isn't too expensive.

They had a 2014 on the lot that I liked but they wanted 27,000 which is a bit more than I want to spend I'm afraid.

Welcome to the 4cyl boxer engine...they are loud as hell.

Shifting throw can be greatly reduced with simple and cheap mods...its usually one of the first mods anyone does.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.