New Subaru WRX owner here. Tips/ Advice???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Subaru WRX owner here. Tips/ Advice??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, what's going on yall? Just bought a new WRBlue 2014 WRX hatch back. Since I'm new to the world ...

New Subaru WRX owner here. Tips/ Advice???

Hey, what's going on yall? Just bought a new WRBlue 2014 WRX hatch back. Since I'm new to the world that most of yall have been in for a while, I figured I'd ask for any tips or advice yall might have. I'd like to have a general idea of what to expect maintenance and performance wise if possible. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats! What exactly are you curious about?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Read through your owners manual, thats a great guide for the maintenance required. Follow it.

These other links are good as far as understanding your car and the various modifications that can be done/how things work.

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

First Modifications - what to do and not to do

Other than that, just drive the car as much as you can and get to know it.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome!

Welcome and congrats!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar
    Tip. If your running stock tires. Get new ones for the winter if need be.

The first thing mod I looked into was the short shifter and add a new shift knob. After that it really comes down to what you would like to improve on the car:
    - Better handling?
    - More power?
    - Better radio?
    - Better rims?

Comes down to your individual preferences and what you think needs to be improved first.

For me:
    - Updating the shifter made a world of difference vs the stock shifter
    - I am in my car with some heavy traffic 4 days out of the week and the stock stereo has to go. So that is next. New head unit and speaker upgrade should happen in a month or so.
    - This spring/summer I am going to improve the handling by adding sway bars, springs, camber bolts and get a proper alignment. This will reduce body roll, and make the car handle more neutral and reduce some of the understeer.
    - Going to get tint as well this spring before summer kicks in.
    - I am happy with stock power so far and want to keep my drivetrain warranty for a few more years but down the road I will mod the exhaust and add a Cobb AP to get to Stage 2.

These are just my personal improvement goals for my car and thought I would share. There are just so many mods for these cars and so many great folks that can offer their insight. If you are interested in suspension mods, I highly recommend giving Turn In Concepts a call. They really know their stuff and gave me some excellent advice and were not pushy and worked within my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    The first thing mod I looked into was the short shifter and add a new shift knob. After that it really comes down to what you would like to improve on the car:
    - Better handling?
    - More power?
    - Better radio?
    - Better rims?

Comes down to your individual preferences and what you think needs to be improved first.

For me:
    - Updating the shifter made a world of difference vs the stock shifter
    - I am in my car with some heavy traffic 4 days out of the week and the stock stereo has to go. So that is next. New head unit and speaker upgrade should happen in a month or so.
    - This spring/summer I am going to improve the handling by adding sway bars, springs, camber bolts and get a proper alignment. This will reduce body roll, and make the car handle more neutral and reduce some of the understeer.
    - Going to get tint as well this spring before summer kicks in.
    - I am happy with stock power so far and want to keep my drivetrain warranty for a few more years but down the road I will mod the exhaust and add a Cobb AP to get to Stage 2.

These are just my personal improvement goals for my car and thought I would share. There are just so many mods for these cars and so many great folks that can offer their insight. If you are interested in suspension mods, I highly recommend giving Turn In Concepts a call. They really know their stuff and gave me some excellent advice and were not pushy and worked within my budget.
    I'm some what on the same road...... short shifter, and new head unit, but also looking at boost/oil pressure gauge.. mods down the road.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.