My First Subaru

This is a discussion on My First Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, I NEVER thought I would own a Subaru, but that changed yesterday when I bought a 2013 WRX ...

My First Subaru

Hello all,
    I NEVER thought I would own a Subaru, but that changed yesterday when I bought a 2013 WRX with 6k miles on it. My 3 series BMW was a great car and I will miss her, but I will not miss getting stuck in 2in of snow because she was rear wheel drive. I've never been a "car guy" but this car makes me want to be a "car guy." The inside is so basic, yet the simplicity is definitely growing on me, basically less **** to deal with. I'm seriously ecstatic about this purchase!
    I hope to learn a lot from this forum, and hope my newbie type questions are tolerated.

Any basic upgrades I should start with? Was thinking mud flaps and rubber floor mats.... That's as far as I've gotten.
    Any eastern Washington people on here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! You can't go wrong with flaps, they really help with keeping the car clean and they look cool! (beacuase rally car) I got a set of OEM all weather mats on amazon for less than 50 bucks and they will save your carpet.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

welcome to the forums...its a good car if you looking for reliability and performance.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the car.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    COBB SF Intake l Catless Invidia N1 Race l Torqued Performance Stage 2 Tune
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Never thought of a WRX as "less **** to deal with" lol. But compared to a BMW, I concur.