new member/owner from maryland
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new member/owner from maryland within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got it earlier today. 72,200 miles. 2010. Great shape overall. minor cosmetic stuff, nothing crazy. Is this the base ...

new member/owner from maryland

Just got it earlier today. 72,200 miles. 2010. Great shape overall. minor cosmetic stuff, nothing crazy. Is this the base or premium? I couldn't figure it out.

How much would you pay? just curious... I think I got a pretty good deal on it.

It has a boost gauge (SPT from the dealer I think). It's got a custom sub box, amplifier all wired up and ready. Needs a radio though. Also has SPT catback exhaust. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1551559_10153685699145858_447368903_n.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	134657Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1471862_10153685699140858_683904849_n.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	134665

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice car. Looks very clean.. Where abouts in MD?

I could be way off here but I think premium is leather interior and nav maybe? I know there are additional options like the auto-dimming rear-view mirror, fog lights, hill assist, etc, but I don't believe those are assigned so to speak to either the premium vs. base. Again though, I could be way off.

I have a "base" and its a cloth interior, but had the hill assist and the dimming mirror as options.

Looks like its a higher mileage car for the year, but that just means its been loved more.

Welcome!
    2009 WRX Hatch, WR Blue
    [Stage 2]

It's got cloth and seems to have the hill assist.... Didn't check the mirror.

I am also curious whether the timing belt would have been changed at 60k. It shows that a dealer did the 60k maintenance. What all is done at 60k and what all is just inspected?

on the 02 the timing belt doesnt need to be done until like 100k but not sure on those newer years.. i think trans fluid and rear diff fluid change comes around your mileage. i use extra S fluid
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I can tell you have a premium front bumper, as far as options I couldn't tell ya. It's more premium than mine lol. No fog lights, base bumper, no wing. Welcome btw, I'm in Maryland also.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome. Timing belt isn't a 60k maintenance item. But I can only speak for the GD chassis.

Just noticed a bulge on the sidewall of the front passenger tire. I'll have to check that out...
    Last edited by rgrafton; 02-10-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NowDatsG View Post
    I can tell you have a premium front bumper, as far as options I couldn't tell ya. It's more premium than mine lol. No fog lights, base bumper, no wing. Welcome btw, I'm in Maryland also.
    Do you have a white one by any chance? Are you in college? where do you go?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rgrafton View Post
    Just got it earlier today. 72,200 miles. 2010.
    Holy crap 65% the number of miles on my car in a vehicle only 35% as old!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar
    I just bought the 2014 premium. Mine came with cloth two tone seats. Seat warmers. Hill assist. Heated mirrors. All weather package. Then all the USB hookups and stuff. Go to subaru.com to determine which you actually have. You can get a base model and have upgraded packages added. I know the boost guage and sub in the trunk are all additional options i couldve added and didnt.

Registered User chrismartin3391's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!

Check engine light just came on... P0420 code. What does this mean??? Just got the car Saturday evening... what are the chances this is the first time it ever came on for this code? :/

Help

I Support ClubWRX
    Check engine light just came on... P0420 code. What does this mean??? Just got the car Saturday evening... what are the chances this is the first time it ever came on for this code? :/

Help
    From the looks of it you have an aftermarket exhaust. Do you know the spec on it? Is it a full turbo back exhaust? If so, is it tuned for (stage 2 tune)? If not that could be the inefficient cat code popping up because the stock ecu is reading a bad cat. This is often something that happens if the proper tune is not on the car. The stage 2 tune disables that code.

i was told it has a SPT catback system.. would a aftermarket catback system cause the code? wouldn't think. Hmm.

I Support ClubWRX
    i was told it has a SPT catback system.. would a aftermarket catback system cause the code? wouldn't think. Hmm.
    If it is just a catback than I wouldn't suspect that your catalytic converter is causing the issues (you car is still pretty new), I might have the rear 02 sensor checked out. If that is going bad then it can cause the 0420 code.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.