new member/owner from maryland - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on new member/owner from maryland within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what's the part number of the rear O2 sensor?...

what's the part number of the rear O2 sensor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrafton View Post
    what's the part number of the rear O2 sensor?
    22690AA900

what about Denso? looks like 2344195 from rock auto?

Do you have a white one by any chance? Are you in college? where do you go?
    I have a silver narrowbody, no longer in college either.

ok, so I cleared the code monday night and it came back this morning. Same code. P0420. Also started noticing some weird idle thing after sitting in stop and go traffic. When backing into my driveway (rev up in reverse and put clutch in, rev up and let clutch out) the rpms wanted to drop and keep dropping to almost the point of stalling. I also noticed that once the car is good and hot (normal operating temperature), I have to give it a bit more gas than normal to get it going.

does this sound O2 sensor related?

Sounds like a clogged exhaust honestly. Possibly a clogged converter, just going off of past experience.

I see you have an catback, which should mean that the original cat is still on? And sounds like the cat is clogged causing the engine to want to stall out, if im not mistaken all cars have a 8yr/80-85k federal emission warranty so you may end up getting a new converter from subaru. I would have them check it out, are there any other mods on it?

Quote Originally Posted by NowDatsG View Post
    I see you have an catback, which should mean that the original cat is still on? And sounds like the cat is clogged causing the engine to want to stall out, if im not mistaken all cars have a 8yr/80-85k federal emission warranty so you may end up getting a new converter from subaru. I would have them check it out, are there any other mods on it?
    I'm guessing it's got the original cat. I might have to get them to check it out. Wouldn't O2 sensor fall under emissions if it ends up being that?

I Support ClubWRX
    ok, so I cleared the code monday night and it came back this morning. Same code. P0420. Also started noticing some weird idle thing after sitting in stop and go traffic. When backing into my driveway (rev up in reverse and put clutch in, rev up and let clutch out) the rpms wanted to drop and keep dropping to almost the point of stalling. I also noticed that once the car is good and hot (normal operating temperature), I have to give it a bit more gas than normal to get it going.

does this sound O2 sensor related?
    Did you look into the 02 sensor? If not, clearing the code is not going to do anything for you...

Take the car in and have it looked at. That will be the easiest thing to do. All we can do is give you our best guesses as to what might be causing you the issue. Without looking at the car in person it is nearly impossible to tell you exactly what is wrong. I told you that I had my doubts that your cat would be bad at this point considering how new your car is, but hey, it could be the cat. I thought it might be more likely to be an issue with the 02 sensor. But if you didn't get it checked out and are now moving onto other options, I don't know what to do to try and help. (and yes, a bad 02 sensor can cause your car to run rich as it can't send the proper information back to your ECU, which could cause the symptoms you describe).

Good luck.
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 02-13-2014 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Did you look into the 02 sensor? If not, clearing the code is not going to do anything for you...

Take the car in and have it looked at. That will be the easiest thing to do. All we can do is give you our best guesses as to what might be causing you the issue. Without looking at the car in person it is nearly impossible to tell you exactly what is wrong. I told you that I had my doubts that your cat would be bad at this point considering how new your car is, but hey, it could be the cat. I thought it might be more likely to be an issue with the 02 sensor. But if you didn't get it checked out and are now moving onto other options, I don't know what to do to try and help. (and yes, a bad 02 sensor can cause your car to run rich as it can't send the proper information back to your ECU, which could cause the symptoms you describe).

Good luck.
    I used my friends scanner with live data.

O2 sensor 1 shows 2v+ and jumps around a little (decided to drive with it hooked up and I saw 3-4v at times)
    O2 sensor 2 shows ~.8v with no huge jumps (didn't check while driving)

If it's either the O2 sensor or cat, shouldn't that be covered under the 80k mile Federal Emissions warranty? If so, I should probably stop by a Subaru Dealer sometime soon

Not entirely sure about the sensor being covered, how did it feel while you driving it? Any hesitation? Feel like it struggled to get up to speed?

Quote Originally Posted by NowDatsG View Post
    Not entirely sure about the sensor being covered, how did it feel while you driving it? Any hesitation? Feel like it struggled to get up to speed?
    Everything seems to be fine. gets up to speed just fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.