Looking for grad. gift - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Looking for grad. gift within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drews HA! I HATE that dealership. I had issues with one of their salesmen when I went ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    HA! I HATE that dealership. I had issues with one of their salesmen when I went there.
    We called and talked to a salesman and about an hour later someone came in and made an offer on the car. They told me that it had been bought the day before we were going to go look at it.

Currently considering an OBP 2006 WRX Wagon from Bell Meade Auto Brokers in TN, but I don't know if the extra 1/2 liter affects gas mileage enough to make it much different from an ej205. I doubt it, but I have OCD (legitimately, not like the people with pet peeves who claim it's OCD) and I need to know such things before making decisions. And, to a much lesser degree of importance, I don't know if I like the looks of wagons in black, especially a hawkeye. But I don't think that should be a deal breaker if it's a truly nice car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jtk07 View Post
    I personally love my hatch, and the awd is a big deal to me as well so I chose a wrx.

If you really think you found a car a presale inspection can be done to confirm if the car is really what it appears to be. Find a reputable shop and pay them the $150-$200 and have a little
    Piece of mind.

Make a deal with the seller that of all things he lists are wrong and nothing else you will pay the inspection and purchase the car if it has underlying issues and needs major repair the seller would be responsible for the inspection bill.

My 2 cents

~Tyler K~
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please disregard typos!
    What model do you have? I was thinking about getting an '08 or newer model hatchback, but I can't find a WRX in my price range, and, to be honest, I'm not that crazy about the way they look and I don't care for the interior at all.

EDIT: Forgot to quote
    Last edited by z_tweaker; 03-13-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by z_tweaker View Post
    We called and talked to a salesman and about an hour later someone came in and made an offer on the car. They told me that it had been bought the day before we were going to go look at it.

Currently considering an OBP 2006 WRX Wagon from Bell Meade Auto Brokers in TN, but I don't know if the extra 1/2 liter affects gas mileage enough to make it much different from an ej205. I doubt it, but I have OCD (legitimately, not like the people with pet peeves who claim it's OCD) and I need to know such things before making decisions. And, to a much lesser degree of importance, I don't know if I like the looks of wagons in black, especially a hawkeye. But I don't think that should be a deal breaker if it's a truly nice car.

I had an OBP 2006. Also, the mileage between a 2.5l and a 2.0 is minimal.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I had an OBP 2006. Also, the mileage between a 2.5l and a 2.0 is minimal.
    Thanks, I'll probably call this afternoon and set up an appointment to test drive the car this Saturday. The more I look at the styling, the more it grows on me; it's just that for some reason the front end looks small on the wagon compared to earlier second gens.

By the way, everywhere I look up dimensions I see that the wagon is ~1/2 inch taller than the sedan. Could anyone tell me whether this is a body or suspension difference? Not that it affects my decision. I'm fairly set on a wagon unless a really nice sedan somehow comes along before I purchase one.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by z_tweaker View Post
    Thanks, I'll probably call this afternoon and set up an appointment to test drive the car this Saturday. The more I look at the styling, the more it grows on me; it's just that for some reason the front end looks small on the wagon compared to earlier second gens.

By the way, everywhere I look up dimensions I see that the wagon is ~1/2 inch taller than the sedan. Could anyone tell me whether this is a body or suspension difference? Not that it affects my decision. I'm fairly set on a wagon unless a really nice sedan somehow comes along before I purchase one.
    The wagons aren't the same as sedan, they have smaller fenders.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

The wagons aren't the same as sedan, they have smaller fenders.
    I know about the fenders. I'm wondering if the height of the body is different or if it's just that the wagon came with a slightly taller suspension. (Though I suspect it's probably the body.)

*confirmed by Edmunds
    Last edited by z_tweaker; 03-13-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Did a search like a good forum user.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123