My first subie
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My first subie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey I just got my first subaru it's a 2002 wrx has a newer motor with only 90k and stock ...

My first subie

Hey I just got my first subaru it's a 2002 wrx has a newer motor with only 90k and stock transmission body has 170k. It doesn't have gauges or anything it has a borla cat back exhaust drilled and slotted rotors. What's the first steps I should take to make make sure everything is safe and what would I do to get some more power and a good tune for daily driving. Something reliable but more power than stock. Any info would be great thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi, bring maintenance up to date according to the owner manual. Then follow the link in my signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks for the info and the link is informative. I do have one more question. What about gauges what brands are good an what aren't? I am looking at a brand called ADD W1 and was wandering if they were good or not and if not what brands are good for a good price thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Not much help on gauges sorry. Bumping the thread for more views. Anybody?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Stage 2 is good and reliable for daily driving. Defi gauges are really good gauges as are AEM gauges.

Thank you for the info on gauges I like my car a lot but I just want to make sure it's safe and stage 2 is pretty much what I will be going for thanks again any other info on upgrades would be great just like to get more info and options thanks again

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Maintenance.

Then if you want stage 2 just go with a downpipe and a tune (you can do other mods but those two are all you need for stage 2). Very reliable setup if you have a good tuner. And it will be the biggest gain in power for the price.

Gauges: My favorites are Greddy, Maddad, and VDO. Defi are about the best you can buy. AEM are also not bad. There's tons of gauges out there, you'll just have to take your time and research. Did you have anything in mind as far as style, features etc.?

I like the smoked gauges with red led. Most off the time I like analog but digital is ok too for the gauge. Have you ever heard of ADD W1? I don't know if it's a cheap eBay brand or not so I was just wandering and thanks for the extra info :-)

MTM
    gauges are gauges imo...

My buddy is hooking me up with autometer gauges for free.99 so thats what I will go with.

Really should decide if you want analog or digital and it you want mechanical or electrical. Brands imo are not that important if its a well known brand its usually just preference.

Well I have heard glow shift is junk and I think I am going with analog smoked lense and electrical boost gauge all prosport what is the main difference with mechanical and electrical for boost gauges?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    invest in good gauges. i bought prosports and they crapped out in a year of owning them. i spent decent money to get defi gauges and they have been amazing so far

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I have been told the trannys won't hold up when u go adding power to it will It be a problem if I am only going stage 2? I would like to make somewhere around 300 horse and torque?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatty28 View Post
    I have been told the trannys won't hold up when u go adding power to it will It be a problem if I am only going stage 2? I would like to make somewhere around 300 horse and torque?
    You should actively research this. The answers are out there.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.