New man on board

This is a discussion on New man on board within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up all? Just dropped 10 grand on my wrx today and was extremely pleased. However, got it back to ...

New man on board

What's up all? Just dropped 10 grand on my wrx today and was extremely pleased. However, got it back to my buddies house from the dealership and when we went to take a ride in it to show to the other friends and a horrendous noise started happening. Called dealer and they said it's possible a rock got stuck in between the brake pad. (Currently in Alaska) wondering if anyone else has had this issue? But going back to dealer to figure it out tomorrow. Thanks and glad to be apart of this group of crazies and misfits!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome, what year? mileage? detailssssss. curious to what the noise is. hope the dealer fixes it for free
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome. Let us know how it turns out.

It's a 2010 Electric Blue Wrx hatchback, because I needed that extra little space for carrying ****. But the sound honestly sounds like there's metal on metal contact, but it reverberates and sounds hollow a little bit as well, which makes me want to believe that there's a rock somewhere stuck near the brake dust shield. Don't know if subie a have this like every other car or not. First subie! I'm in love though! Wish I had the money for STI, but life is life. And oh yeah it's got 39k on the clock. Not sure what I'm going to do first, but it's going to be something

Hey update! So it was the tiniest ****ing rock I've seen, thanks Alaska you've really effed me off here. But I'd like to give a shout out to Affordable Used Cars in Alaska! Awesome group of dudes, didn't bother me when I went on the lot, and let me take my own test drive. AWESOME! So after that all said and done, ready to rock...without the damn rocks. It was stuck in the bottom of the heat shield and shined the rock up nice! HahaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	133810

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car congrats. Ive gotten a pebble stuck in the brakes a couple of times scared the crap out of me but once I backed up it was gone. Its deff a sound you wont forget.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

when i read it at first i thought you spent 10k$ for a 02-05 lol. not put a downpayment on a car haha. well glad you like it and got the rock out
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram