NEW to ME 2013 WRX Sedan Limited - Satin White Pearl
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NEW to ME 2013 WRX Sedan Limited - Satin White Pearl within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to start off by saying that this is a great forum to learn and experience what this car ...

NEW to ME 2013 WRX Sedan Limited - Satin White Pearl

Just wanted to start off by saying that this is a great forum to learn and experience what this car is really capable of!

I picked it up about 2 weeks ago in Charlotte, NC and drove it back home to Pittsburgh, PA...so needless to say I hit a ton of snow on the way home with the stock summer tires on it. That was not a great experience, but I was able to get the car home in one piece.

It came with an STi Short Throw, Perrin quad tip catback exhaust and a full XPel clear bra kit so there were some nice pieces on it from the start.

Since then i've tinted all the windows 20%, have a Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS and all the bits and pieces waiting to go in, plus i'm adding a JL amp and Pioneer ib-flat 10" Sub, have a TP Stage 1 & 2 Tune, Tactrix Cable, AEM CAI and Invidia Catted DP ready to go on as well. Kartboy shifter bushings, Perrin 2" shorty antenna, COBB Knob (Red Insert), red footwell illumination kit, SPT strut brace, 19MM STi rear sway, black WRX fender badges, CS1 front lip, armrest extension, all weather WRX mats, all weather trunk mat and wheel locks.

Oh I also just got a new set of BLIZZAK LM60's in stock sizes put on as well. Totally different car with the BLIZZAKS on it...obviously it's cold as sh*t here right now so it was a necessary upgrade. I'm probably forgetting a few other things but i'm sure you get the picture...I don't want to wait to get this car the way I want it, but some things will have to wait as I am expecting my first born in the next 5 weeks!

I just sold my highly modified 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan this past weekend and it was hard to see it go, but it was the right financial decision for my growing family.

The WRX is a totally different vehicle, but it's still a blast to drive and i'm hoping to learn alot from the forum. Thanks for reading!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! hope you like your new car! But holy hell you went mod crazy in two weeks! you should make a build thread when you get the opportunity.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Welcome! hope you like your new car! But holy hell you went mod crazy in two weeks! you should make a build thread when you get the opportunity.
    I love the car so far! The only reason I wanted to get so much done right now is because I had the money to spend from the sale of my V and once the baby is here I may not want to spend the money as freely...so I went a little nuts! I'll just do things as I get the time, but at least i'll be able to walk into my garage and keep adding mods here and there without spending anymore money!

The only thing is the whine you get from WOT pulls (BTW I LOVE IT)...is that the tranny or differentials making the noise? Most cars when you hear whining like that it's not a good thing!

That is probably the air pump. These are AIR cars so that is what you are most likely hearing.
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blknylw View Post
    I love the car so far! The only reason I wanted to get so much done right now is because I had the money to spend from the sale of my V and once the baby is here I may not want to spend the money as freely...so I went a little nuts! I'll just do things as I get the time, but at least i'll be able to walk into my garage and keep adding mods here and there without spending anymore money!

The only thing is the whine you get from WOT pulls (BTW I LOVE IT)...is that the tranny or differentials making the noise? Most cars when you hear whining like that it's not a good thing!
    First gear and second gear, because of they way they are engineered, whine. I thought this was a problem as well coming from an 84 z28 Camaro, last time that happened to me the next day I shredded 3rd gear haha. But rest assured, it is normal in theses cars
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Congratulations. Good to know, Taking my son to pick up his wrx in Corpus tomorrow. It is a 2013 silver. Being an sti. Owner I got him the wrx. They are the best looking vehicles on the road. Cant wait to mod it out with him .

Good luck! The one gripe I have is the hill-assist feature...I def. gotta get used to that!

That got me the first time too! I was on my test drive and the saleswoman asked if I have ever driven a manual, after assuring her that I had driven them for years. Clunck... Stalled on the first hill with that damn thing haha
    2011 Wrx Limited Sedan Silver. Nameless muffler delete, Kartboy Short throw w/ cobb knob, Rally Armor mud flaps, 30% tint... Goodbye warranty Cobb AP v3 and Sf intake. Stink-eye mob #1993

Quote Originally Posted by spotsywrx View Post
    That got me the first time too! I was on my test drive and the saleswoman asked if I have ever driven a manual, after assuring her that I had driven them for years. Clunck... Stalled on the first hill with that damn thing haha
    I bet she was thinking "knows how to drive a stick my A$$" hahaha

Coming from a CTS-V 6 Manual with a big lumpy Stage 3 Cam...this car is so much easier to drive normally. I forgot what it was like to be able to drive a stick in traffic without my leg becoming numb.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Nice pickup, in or mod thread.

I'll try to get a mod thread going when I start doing some of the bigger items...I used other threads to find out all the build info. for mine and it was very helpful.

Welcome and congrats on the car. Good mod list you have going so far!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.