Cold air intake

This is a discussion on Cold air intake within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought a 2010 WRX only has 20k on it. I bought an extended 5 year 100k bumper to bumper ...

Cold air intake

I bought a 2010 WRX only has 20k on it. I bought an extended 5 year 100k bumper to bumper warranty. I have a cob AP and wanted to put a cold air intake on and flash to stage one everyone tells to wait due to warranty. I can't imagine the warranty company bouncing a claim due to a cold air intake but I maybe wrong. Any advice on which way to go would be appreciated also it is a aftermarket warranty if that make a difference.

Thanks,

Roadster20th

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hello

first i'd like to point out that you need to get an intake that is supported by the AP (if i remember, it's only cobb & AEM.. someone correct me if i'm wrong)

second- you really need to talk to whoever you have your warranty with. everyone has different rules and regulations. with the warranty from subaru- an intake cannot void your warranty but i can cause your claim to get denied if they link the intake back to the source of the problem. (ie: if your horn stops working, they cant deny your claim because of the intake. if your engine blows up, they could find a way to blame it on the intake)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

If you have an accessport then putting on an intake is fine. Be aware AP only works with the Cobb SF intake and AEM. Also nothing necessarily voids a warranty. All they can do is deny your claim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Bushwickbill had his engine blown up due to failed water pump. His extended warranty is NOT covering it... And we're not even talking mods here...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Like Ingo says extended warranties are completely different than factory warranties

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

Mostly all Subaru dealers will give you the same answer when asking about Voiding Warranty.
    What they tell you is that, as long as the aftermarket part you put on the vehicle does not have any causes to what the problem you're having is, then No, it does not Void your warranty. A perfect example would be if you put an aftermarket intake on your car, and you suck in water or anything else that could mess up your engine then you will not be covered under your warranty.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by roadster20th View Post
    I bought a 2010 WRX only has 20k on it. I bought an extended 5 year 100k bumper to bumper warranty. I have a cob AP and wanted to put a cold air intake on and flash to stage one everyone tells to wait due to warranty. I can't imagine the warranty company bouncing a claim due to a cold air intake but I maybe wrong. Any advice on which way to go would be appreciated also it is a aftermarket warranty if that make a difference.

Thanks,

Roadster20th
    You signed an agreement. Read that for the specific terms. Anything not in writing on that contract isn't meaningful.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Real quick question on air intake what about going with K&N or another brand is there no map from Cobb?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by roadster20th View Post
    Real quick question on air intake what about going with K&N or another brand is there no map from Cobb?
    You may want check out Torqued Performance. People have has a lot of success with the maps from cobb others go open source tunes
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX