2012 MS3 to 2014 WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 MS3 to 2014 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone. I actually don't have the WRX yet but it will be off of the truck and at the ...

2012 MS3 to 2014 WRX

Hey everyone. I actually don't have the WRX yet but it will be off of the truck and at the dealer next weekend. It's a 2014 SWP WRX Premium and couldn't be more excited to pick it up. I'm coming from a fully bolted/mounted/tuned 2012 Crystal White Pearl Mazdaspeed3 that was rear ended and pushed into a tow hitch :/. It wasn't totalled but it was enough to never feel the same to me again. I'm currently in the process of parting the car out. I made 317whp and 358ft/lb running a 50/50 e85 mix. I was still working on a track tune at the time of the accident but I was running low 12's (not bad considering failwheeldrive).

Anyways enough about the MS3. I'm not looking to go balls to the wall with this car but I am planning on stiffening it up a bit with Perrin Mounts and Whiteline Bushings to begin with. I also already traded in my MS3 V2b AP for a V3 WRX AP. ......Who am I kidding, when the mod bug hits it hits hard lol. Anyways I'll still be hanging around the MS3 crew because they are a blast to wrench on, but I'm looking forward to getting to know a new platform and meeting some locals.

.....And yes I know how to search n00b :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! Make sure to post pics, I want to see this beauty!

you must have come from mazdaspeedforums.org haha when I had my 6 I was there a lot. That was a tough crowd but man those guys really know what they're talking about.

Anywho welcome to forum a lot of good stuff here, you're going to find modding the subi easier in some aspects ( like the DP) and some much harder (like changing plugs!). I've def enjoyed working on this car better than the mazda that's for sure. Have they figured out the issue with the build up on the valves from the direct injection? I had to clean mine at 70k miles and they were so gunked up! At least getting to the intake mani wasn't to bad.

Hey man yeah, I spend a good portion of my day on MSF lol they can be tough and filled with drama but in the end there are some serious gearheads and racers there. All of a sudden you're seeing 750+ 6's and 730+ 3's.....wow never thought I'd say that lol.

In terms of the buildup...it's natural, it's gonna happen lol it's just a matter of time. I had an OCC and EGR delete done in the first 5k miles though so mine are still squeeky clean at 29k miles.

I'm really looking forward to working on this platform and learning all about it. The one thing that I've purchased that I've noticed is a much harder install (just from instructions and how-to's) than the speeds are the motor mounts and shifter bushings. It was unreal how easy those were in the mazda. Simply support the motor and wrench away lol

I have a feeling this warranty will last about as long as the MS3....not long :/ haha

i hear ya I keep my stock parts to try and convince myself that I'll just stock out if I need something done....yeah right.

Hey you didn't say if you stuck with the wagon or if you decided to switch it up to a sedan.

Archer avatar FTW!

Warranty will last as long as any warranty: 36k and 60k (unless extended is purchased). How a claim gets processed and why, that's a whole different story
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Wagon ftw!

Lol by the warranty I only meant that it will not stay stock for very long at all.

Welcome and post pictures when you get it!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

As promised, pics of the MS3 Can't tell because black and white but the RX-8 wheels in the first pic are powdercoated "Bronze Twin", it's kind of a matte bronze

Attachment 132698

Attachment 132706

Attachment 132714
    Last edited by trancehead; 01-24-2014 at 07:03 AM.

very nice, only the white and the black I thought looked good on the ms3's.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My wife's MS3 also has RX-8 wheels!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Thanks guys! This was my baby until she got curb stomped by a tow hitch :/ I'm currently in the process of parting her out. Only a few parts left

Got my WRX yesterday Already have tint, flaps, and pitch mount in

A few more

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast