point me to the thread

This is a discussion on point me to the thread within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Can I do a 2008 wrx intake to 2008 sti intake swap? Especially if I am going to go to ...

point me to the thread

Can I do a 2008 wrx intake to 2008 sti intake swap? Especially if I am going to go to a FMIC? Like the ability to polish intake, center throttle body, and I want to do a TGV valve flapper removal and coating, so might as well check to see if a better intake can be gotten. I am sure this has been covered, just point me to the thread. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    First Modifications - what to do and not to do

Intake FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

Some good info for you. Just an FYI. I would look into an aftermarket intake and tune rather than an STi intake if I were you (if you decide to do an upgraded intake after reading the above information anyway).

I am not looking for a CAI or a short ram, but the actual intake manifold that the throttle body is connected to, the one that is composite and is located on the driver side in the WRX and is in the center on the STI. I like the design of the STI intake as well as the material that makes it up. I have done a ton of research and looked for hours, but I can not find an aftermarket upgrade to the WRX composite intake manifold , so was looking to see if the swap could be made for an STI intake manifold. I have read all the stickies that were listed above and none of them cover this topic or if they do it is only a short couple of sentences. Maybe I am just blind, but I have read Unabomber's manifesto several time and this is not mentioned. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by My08WRX; 01-22-2014 at 04:18 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah my bad I didn't realize you were talking about the Intake Manifold. Check out this thread.

STi intake manifold on 2011 WRX???