Regarding seized caliper bolts on 05 sti brembo brakes

This is a discussion on Regarding seized caliper bolts on 05 sti brembo brakes within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not sure what year sti actually has the problem of the brake caliper bolts seizing due to the bolt ...

Regarding seized caliper bolts on 05 sti brembo brakes

I'm not sure what year sti actually has the problem of the brake caliper bolts seizing due to the bolt corroding with the caliper metal but did that carry over to the 06 wrx brakes. Mine aren't "brembo" but I'm doing my brakes tomorrow and i want to know what i might be up against. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HEIFSHAFFWRX View Post
    I'm not sure what year sti actually has the problem of the brake caliper bolts seizing due to the bolt corroding with the caliper metal but did that carry over to the 06 wrx brakes. Mine aren't "brembo" but I'm doing my brakes tomorrow and i want to know what i might be up against. Thanks
    The problem with seized bolts on STI Brembos occurs because of galvanic corrosion. If the calipers are made of a dissimilar metal (STI Brembo calipers are cast aluminum) than the bolt (steel), you'll set up conditions for galvanic corrosion. If you use anti-seize and don't overtorque the bolts, you won't have problems removing them.

So, if the WRX calipers are steel, you should be okay. It may require some elbow grease, but you should be okay.