05 WRX with an STi Turbo boost cutting at 5k when had on the throttle in 3rd gear - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 WRX with an STi Turbo boost cutting at 5k when had on the throttle in 3rd gear within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nope, go externally gated and call it a day...

Nope, go externally gated and call it a day
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

could you please tell me what id need to go externally gated and maybe send a link of what id have to buy?

External wastegate, uppipe with ewg outlet, dump tube, tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    External wastegate, uppipe with ewg outlet, dump tube, tune

Ok thanks man but now i got people telling me i should return the car its prolley damaged because its stock with a td05? how bad can it honestly be im not gettting on it hard or anything should i taker it back to the dealer and tell them to put the td04 back into it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NYzWhiteBoYY
    Ok thanks man but now i got people telling me i should return the car its prolley damaged because its stock with a td05? how bad can it honestly be im not gettting on it hard or anything should i taker it back to the dealer and tell them to put the td04 back into it?
    Compression/leakdown tests will tell you the health of the motor.

As I said in chat, if indeed you're driving a car with an aftermarket turbo with all else stock, you're driving a ticking timebomb. Unfortunatly, without them violating any kind of federal statute of giving you a car missing emission control equipment, you may be SOL in that it's "buyer beware". Despite living in NY, I haven't passed the BAR exam, so I don't know what legal ground you have to stand on beyond that; if they sold you a car without three OE catalytic converters, the car shouldn't have passed NYS inspection, and therefore, should've never left their lot (it illegally passed inspection), so you'd have every legal right to void the sale...
    Last edited by EJ257; 01-23-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Compression/leakdown tests will tell you the health of the motor.

As I said in chat, if indeed you're driving a car with an aftermarket turbo with all else stock, you're driving a ticking timebomb. Unfortunatly, without them violating any kind of federal statute of giving you a car missing emission control equipment, you may be SOL in that it's "buyer beware". Despite living in NY, I haven't passed the BAR exam, so I don't know what legal ground you have to stand on beyond that; if they sold you a car without three OE catalytic converters, the car shouldn't have passed NYS inspection, and therefore, should've never left their lot (it illegally passed inspection), so you'd have every legal right to void the sale...

So what action should I take? I want to keep the car it only has 60k on it

Like ej said get a compression and leakdown test first to determine the health, then go from there

2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12