Did I screw up my car?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Did I screw up my car? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey hope you guys can help me out. Was driving back yesterday from work and may have done something that ...

Did I screw up my car?

Hey hope you guys can help me out. Was driving back yesterday from work and may have done something that could hurt my WRX. While accelerating to make a traffic light that was about to turn red, I sped through an intersection (~30-40 mph). The road has a roll/dip in ip and while going over it my car had some significant up/down motion. I feel like I maybe making a big deal out of this, especially because my car did not bottom out. Just hoping to get some reassurance or if you guys have any advice on places to check for damage.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you caught some air! #becauserallycar!

^^^ agreed with, its not even funny :P

yeah, you didn't do anything wrong to the car but it sounds to me like that would have been a bit of fun
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Livin the Stock Life
    Build Thread
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Facebook

I doubt I caught any air, its take a lot to get these cars airborne...but yea #rallycar haha!

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    yeah, you didn't do anything wrong to the car but it sounds to me like that would have been a bit of fun
    Thanks for the reassurance. Oh it was fun, I had my buddy in the car and his reaction was priceless!

Well, I think the point he was trying to make is that you were driving the car the way it should be driven! :P

Quote Originally Posted by omfg5041 View Post
    Well, I think the point he was trying to make is that you were driving the car the way it should be driven! :P
    Haha that went right over my head, maybe there was no damage to my car but actually damage to my head hahaha .

As long as it didn't bottom out there is no damage. Even when it does bottom out there's usually no damage unless it's way hard. Just normal fun. I was in a similar spot last night, on a left turn. Decided to be peaceful and rolled to a stop in the intersection, with turn signal on. Lo and behold, first car in the stack coming at me was a LEO...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    As long as it didn't bottom out there is no damage. Even when it does bottom out there's usually no damage unless it's way hard. Just normal fun. I was in a similar spot last night, on a left turn. Decided to be peaceful and rolled to a stop in the intersection, with turn signal on. Lo and behold, first car in the stack coming at me was a LEO...
    Yea now that I know its there I will probably be more cautious, but when I want to have fun I know where to go! Whats a LEO?

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by skierwrx View Post
    Whats a LEO?
    Law enforcement officer

Quote Originally Posted by ZXNasty View Post
    Law enforcement officer
    Ah thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Now that I know what LEO means, its a good thing you held back. Don't need to give cops any more reasons to pull us over as is!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by skierwrx View Post
    Now that I know what LEO means, its a good thing you held back. Don't need to give cops any more reasons to pull us over as is!
    Don't drive like an idiot and they don't have any reasons to pull you over.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Don't drive like an idiot and they don't have any reasons to pull you over.
    Don't tell me how to live my life! But yea obviously...What I was saying is that if a camry did something (for example speed through an intersection that was about to turn red) a cop wouldn't think twice, but if a wrx did it they may be more apt to pull that car over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast