Subaru WRX Forum banner

From evo to wrx. New guy from Winnipeg

3K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  poi88 
#1 ·
Hey guys how's it going. I just picked up my wrx about two months ago and I've been loving it so far. It's actually my first standard car as well. Before this, I owned an evo x mr which was fun and fast as hell but I just enjoy the wrx a lot more.

I've already ordered a bunch of parts for the wrx and I can't wait to get started on this build.

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. My names Ram btw. Can't wait to start modding it in the spring. Winters are brutal here. It was -51 with the windchill last week and the WRX was definitely making some weird noises. I wonder if I should buy a battery blanket or just a better battery because I heard the stock ones are kind of crappy. Any thoughts on that?

#16 ·
Well it's a long and sad story lol but my past cars have always been domestics and v8s. I bought the evo not knowing too much about imports and it was already heavily modded but not tuned correctly because of the vta bov. It ended up blowing up not too long after I bought it. I bought an engine but things went sour with the company I was going through ( not sure if I should throw out names on here lol ). I pretty much said screw it, I want to start fresh and I sold the evo and here I am. I am now pretty heavily educated about how sensitive ecu's are with these type of cars but I'm here to learn a lot more.

#19 ·
I just bought my WRX almost 3 weeks ago and i was thinking about the 2014 WRX an a 2010 EVO. The EVO was a sick car and a tone of fun, but I thought the WRX felt better just for normal everyday driving and was still a tone of fun to drive. Glad to see your liking your WRX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.