From evo to wrx. New guy from Winnipeg - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on From evo to wrx. New guy from Winnipeg within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by thill Welcome! Would love to hear more why you switched from an Evo to the WRX, and ...

Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    Welcome! Would love to hear more why you switched from an Evo to the WRX, and how the two compare in your opinion.
    Well it's a long and sad story lol but my past cars have always been domestics and v8s. I bought the evo not knowing too much about imports and it was already heavily modded but not tuned correctly because of the vta bov. It ended up blowing up not too long after I bought it. I bought an engine but things went sour with the company I was going through ( not sure if I should throw out names on here lol ). I pretty much said screw it, I want to start fresh and I sold the evo and here I am. I am now pretty heavily educated about how sensitive ecu's are with these type of cars but I'm here to learn a lot more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congratulations on your WRX. Evos are awesome cars. Too bad you didn't have it for long~
    Midnight~

Quote Originally Posted by Ram_wrex View Post
    Well it's a long and sad story lol but my past cars have always been domestics and v8s. I bought the evo not knowing too much about imports and it was already heavily modded but not tuned correctly because of the vta bov. It ended up blowing up not too long after I bought it. I bought an engine but things went sour with the company I was going through ( not sure if I should throw out names on here lol ). I pretty much said screw it, I want to start fresh and I sold the evo and here I am. I am now pretty heavily educated about how sensitive ecu's are with these type of cars but I'm here to learn a lot more.
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I love the Evo platform, but am really enjoying my WRX so far.

I just bought my WRX almost 3 weeks ago and i was thinking about the 2014 WRX an a 2010 EVO. The EVO was a sick car and a tone of fun, but I thought the WRX felt better just for normal everyday driving and was still a tone of fun to drive. Glad to see your liking your WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    I just bought my WRX almost 3 weeks ago and i was thinking about the 2014 WRX an a 2010 EVO. The EVO was a sick car and a tone of fun, but I thought the WRX felt better just for normal everyday driving and was still a tone of fun to drive. Glad to see your liking your WRX
    Ya I definitely felt that the evo was more of a track car and the wrx is a nice daily driver.

You have to love the extra trunk space

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12