New 2014 WRX Limited shipped from NJ to Seattle in 10 days!

This is a discussion on New 2014 WRX Limited shipped from NJ to Seattle in 10 days! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Purchase Sharing my experience to have a resource online for those shopping out of state. Having been really bummed about ...

New 2014 WRX Limited shipped from NJ to Seattle in 10 days!

Purchase
    Sharing my experience to have a resource online for those shopping out of state. Having been really bummed about orders closing in September, I was really excited to discover Clayton from Ramsey Subaru in NJ and as an SDC, he was able to order exactly what I wanted: Limited DGM Hatchback with Crossbar set, rear illumination kit, rear cup-holders, all weather mats, and cargo tray (I should've added the rear bumper cover). Order placed on 11/18 with a deposit and given the standard ETA of 8-12 weeks for delivery. I received a surprise call on Monday 12/11 that my car showed up which was super awesome. I mentally prepared myself to expect the car maybe late Jan/early Feb based on everyones ordering experiencing between here and NASOIC. Paperwork was overnighted to me with a return envelope and the car was mine. Clayton is absolutely the best sales person I've ever experienced in any industry and highly recommend him for your next car purchase if you live nearby or as far away as I am.

Shipping $1250
    I went through Chris Delany of AAA Transporters who is a broker that Clayton has personally used for a couple of cars. He was very responsive and was able to dispatch a driver from Quality Relocation Services to pick up my car either on 12/18 or 12/26. Sent a $200 fee to the broker and we picked 12/26 so Clayton could have my car ready to go and my ETA was 7-10 days from pick up. Ramsey called me and sent me photos of the pick up which was on time. The shipping company never called me or returned any of my voicemails during the process. On 1/11 I ended up tracking down another customer an hour south of Seattle who left a bad review on Transport Reviews.com - Ratings and Reviews of Auto Transport Companies - Your Source For Finding a Quality Auto Transporter! and gave me the number of the driver who dropped of his car from NJ as well. The driver explained he dropped all Seattle cars on 1/3 and never called me back to find out how I could get my car. Super stressful. I finally got a hold of the dispatcher/boss guy at QRS for the shipping company who gave me the number of another driver who would drop my car off. This guy was super friendly and kept me in the loop of his delivery schedule. Unfortunately, the battery in my car was completely dead and he had to tow it directly to my house where I was able to jump it and drive around for 15 minutes before complete power loss. Had it towed to a Subaru dealership and had it replaced first thing in the morning and it runs like a champ!

Towed to dealership

This is what your car would look like after traveling across the country. I had the factory plastic left on the hood and roof which was easy to peel off. No damage on the exterior and the only unfortunate thing I found was a small paint chip on the rear passenger door handle from my crossbar box smashing my rear arm rest cover against it. Minor cosmetic wear so I recommend making sure accessories and what not are secured inside as any internal damage is not the shippers responsibility. The battery was replaced under warranty but I was out of pocket for $300 to have it towed outside of my insurance as I was desperate to get it off the street and used the first company that I found on Google.

First wash

In the end I would still recommend Chris with AAA but would stress having him find a more reputable company to ship your car. It will be worth the extra $$$ and most importantly the more reputable companies will have a tracking system. uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Cars or Moves would be my next recommendation.

Crossbar set and JDM tailight overlays will be added this weekend
    2014 DGM WRX Limited 5dr

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a '14 sti on order from Clayton as well. He really is one of the best guys I have ever bought a car from. No BS!

I would have bought a brand new battery and just brought your factory one to the Subaru dealer, let them replace and then return the battery you bought originally.
    '14 SWP STI

My car was dropped off and broke down around midnight that night only several blocks away from the dealership. Not sure where I would've found a battery that night :P

Are you trading up from your WRX?
    2014 DGM WRX Limited 5dr

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the car from NJ

Nice to see another DGM hatch brethren around here. Clayton really is a great salesman to work with. Glad you found the same ease I did.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by Ciivilian View Post
    My car was dropped off and broke down around midnight that night only several blocks away from the dealership. Not sure where I would've found a battery that night :P

Are you trading up from your WRX?
    Ah yeah that makes sense.

Yep, trading my '13 premium in and getting '14 sti base. The difference between sale price was less than 5K after tax. You can't swap parts between cars with labor and come close to that. I won't miss the sunroof and don't need the wheels. I did get fogs even though they don't really do anything. It was cheap to add-on.
    '14 SWP STI

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Congrats on the car from NJ

Nice to see another DGM hatch brethren around here. Clayton really is a great salesman to work with. Glad you found the same ease I did.
    Thanks man! DGM is the best!
    2014 DGM WRX Limited 5dr

Sounds like a painless process, anyways welcome and congrats on the car.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    COBB SF Intake l Catless Invidia N1 Race l Torqued Performance Stage 2 Tune
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do