whiteline sway bars 13 wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on whiteline sway bars 13 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey I just purchased a 2013 wrx limited hatch and absolutely love it but i notice a lot of body ...

whiteline sway bars 13 wrx

Hey I just purchased a 2013 wrx limited hatch and absolutely love it but i notice a lot of body roll... I'm looking into the whiteline sway bar set i have heard good things about it and also the Kart boy end links I'm not sure what mm sizes i should get and if i should do a negative camber alignment afterwards or leave it normal please let me know your thoughts thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyDubRX13 View Post
    Hey I just purchased a 2013 wrx limited hatch and absolutely love it but i notice a lot of body roll... I'm looking into the whiteline sway bar set i have heard good things about it and also the Kart boy end links I'm not sure what mm sizes i should get and if i should do a negative camber alignment afterwards or leave it normal please let me know your thoughts thanks!
    The front stock sway is 22mm and the rear is 16mm stock. I would start with a 19-22mm rear and see how that feels. I am in the same boat and plan on doing the rear sway and alighnment.

Nice man I appreciate it! I think I'll go 25 mm front and 22 mm rear then are you gonna use stock end links or upgrade?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    24mm up front and 22 mm in the back is common. Good choice on the kartboy endlinks and good job doing some digging around before you posted up. I would say that even at 22 mm, the whiteline swaybar would do better the stock swaybar, and it can come in adjustable. I would max out your front and rear negative camber. There is not much you can do in the back for camber as it is not adjustable, but up front you should be able to get somewhere around -1.5 camber. Make sure there is very little to no toe.

You don't want to run stock endlinks with aftermarket swaybars.

On a side note, you might consider selling your stock tires and upgrading to something better (I run Michelin Pilot Super Sports). The stock tires aren't that great. I saw a huge improvement in handling (cornering and breaking) when I upgraded my tires. Just wanted to mention that since you are discussing handling

Well the rear IS adjustable but it requires $$$$.

As 11blackSTi said, run 24 up front(adjust to stiffest setting) and 22 in the rear. You don't want to run anything bigger than 22mm(As far as I know) on stock springs.

Here is nice link that will tell you what you need to know about sways

The OFFICIAL Swaybar & Endlink FAQ ! - NASIOC

I suggest you go over it.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

I was in your same situation and started with an STI 19mm RSB and it made a nice subtle difference but I then got to really wondering what a Whiteline setup would feel like. I ended up with 24mm FSB and 22mm RSB both adjustable with the WL KLC 182 and couldn't be happier. The STI sways you can find for about $40-$50 on iWSTI etc. but the Whiteline are great. With the Whiteline setup I also noticed how bad the stock tires are!

Be sure and order the Kartboy endlink spacers when you order your setup, you'll need them...I'm running the Kartboy spacers with my Perrin endlinks and Cobb FSB, body roll has been greatly reduced.

Hey so one more question after I install these should I definitely get an alignment or do I not need to?

I Support ClubWRX
    You definitely should.

What specs should I be as far as camber caster and toe angle?

I Support ClubWRX
    Zero toe. I'd max out the negative camber. Probably looking at -1.5ish up front and it is what it is for the back, because its not adjustable back there.

Adding sway bars don't require a alignment.

That being said a custom alignment is one of the best if not the best bang for your buck mod you can do for handling. I would recommend it to everyone who hasn't got one to get it done.

Since you have a 3rd Gen the rear camber can't be adjusted. Caster is pretty much static unless if you get a ALK or other mods.
    That leave Toe and front camber.
    I run -1.4 degree's front camber and 0 toe at all 4 corners. The toe is important for tire wear, so for a DD 0 toe is best. Camber depends how agressive you want to go, I would go more than -1

This thread is a great resource when it comes to alignments.
    Alignment basics

Awesome thanks guys so would 1.5 inch negative camber make me burn through tires alot faster or would I be alright with that setup

I Support ClubWRX
    Camber doesn't have as big an effect as toe. -1.5 would be fine.

Sweet as far as setting up the sways stiffness wise should I go as stiff as possible or just in the middle also how much will that effect the overall ride of the car?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.