Purchasing a 2013 WRX!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Purchasing a 2013 WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First of all, I just want to say how excited I am to finally purchase my dream car. I've been ...

Talking Purchasing a 2013 WRX!

First of all, I just want to say how excited I am to finally purchase my dream car. I've been wanting this car since I was 15 years old and discovered rally. I'll never forget the look of the 2004-05 WRX STi with the world rally blue and those gold rims!

Secondly, I've been driving a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon Automatic for most of my life and I am very much looking forward to purchasing this 2013 Subaru WRX Manual!

Third, I have a few questions...

1) The SPT exhaust from Subaru is it really worth it? From what I have read it isn't worth the price tag, due to, not much of an improvement on sound and no performance increase.

2) I am very new to car modifications and I have no clue about anything at all! So what are some easy upgrades that I can possibly install myself and upgrades I can get installed at a shop. (I know there are a lot of stickies, but I am having trouble understanding what they mean lol)

I simply can not wait for my WRX!

This is not my car, but it looks just like this:
    2013 WRX Silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SPT exhaust is pricey. There are tons of options out there. Find the one that fits you. An exhaust early on will only give you a different sound. Not much upgrade anywhere else. It will benefit later on when you start modding the engine.

Car mods. Too many to list!!! Rally armor mudflaps are a nice easy install for new wrx owners. Easy protection and good looks on this car. Next up would maybe be a short shift kit and new bushings. Help with the shift feel of the car since its a little bit like jello in the shifter. Other things you can do is get a tint, and tint the rear tailights red. The clear chrome is a common thing to get rid of. Modifications are anything that makes the car unique to you.

I just got my 2014 hatch. Def a lot of car. Especially compared to the Tiburon. It will be a handful. Be careful, very easy to get in trouble with these cars. Another thing is to get tires proper to your climate. Stock summer tires don't do well in winter. Might require to be your first investment into the car.

Good luck and be safe!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^This man has been reading.

1) There are plenty of exhausts out there, just look at reviews. Invidia is a top brand for quality and value, magnaflow is good, as well as TurboXS. You can't go wrong with hardly any of them. If you have the opportunity to listen to them in person it will help tremendously with your decision. Go to some local meet-ups, introduce yourself, make friends, and ask to hear their exhausts.

2) Like you said already, there are a lot of stickies. Read them, over and over. You'll put the pieces together. between the stickies on here and NASIOC you should never have to ask a question. Just be patient and read up, I know it's a lot at first. A good place to start is the "first mods: what to do and not to do" thread on here, the newbie sections (where it is safe to ask as many "dumb" questions as you wish), and Unabomber's Manifesto on NASIOC.

Hope you enjoy the car. Welcome

My advice is to enjoy the car for a few months. Find out what you like, don't like, want to improve. For some it could be the radio. For others exhaust. For others it could be more power.

Some of the mods are cheap, and some are expensive, and some will void your warranty. Take your time and read as you go, there are tons of mods for these cars and many of them are simple.

Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    My advice is to enjoy the car for a few months. Find out what you like, don't like, want to improve. For some it could be the radio. For others exhaust. For others it could be more power.

Some of the mods are cheap, and some are expensive, and some will void your warranty. Take your time and read as you go, there are tons of mods for these cars and many of them are simple.
    Good advice. Drive the car stock for a while then decided what you think needs improvement. If you aren't sure wtf the stickies are talking about then make a thread. Said thread will be much more productive if you have a more specific question though, e.g. "I would like to make my car do X better...suggestions?"
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

The one upgrade I cannot recommend enough is a short shifter and better shift knob..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    The one upgrade I cannot recommend enough is a short shifter and better shift knob..
    And the shifter bushings.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Maybe this will help you get started understanding some of the stickies and lingo?
    What does it mean?? Terminology and Acronyms for the newcomer!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.