New member, waiting for the 2015 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member, waiting for the 2015 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone. I just joined and wanted to start a new member thread. I currently have a 2012 Prius Plug-in ...

New member, waiting for the 2015 WRX

Hello everyone. I just joined and wanted to start a new member thread. I currently have a 2012 Prius Plug-in hybrid (32k MSRP). I know, don't laugh. I traded my 2009 Civic Si for it. I got the MPG bug and the high techness of the Prius plug-in. A year into it, I miss my standard transmission and power. Currently waiting for the 2015 to come out so that I can trade my car in. I'm a bit of a picture ***** so enjoy.

Here's my 09 Civic Si. Did a S2k HID retro fit (AP1) with clear lens mod. Headlights were amazing! Razor sharp cutoff lines.

I traded the Si for the 2012 Prius Plug-In. Got amazing gas mileage. My best tank I got almost 1,300 miles to a 10 gallon tank and achieve 160 MPG! Amazing!

I thought my 2008 ZX10r would keep me in check and not miss the power on 4 wheels. Boy was I wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

What is the carbon footprint to produce one hybrid car vs the carbon footprint of the entire life of a regular combustion engine of similar class? Lots of earth needs to be moved to mine the rare earth metals required to build a hybrid battery. Never mind the logistics of relocating the material to build the battery, the mining alone devastates the environment enough.

As for the 2015, looks ok. I'm not too excited about the new body style. The rear reminds me of a Nissan Sentra.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    That Civic looks mean, I love the black paint, wheels, and the retrofit you did. I always liked the wheels that came on the Civics.

On the other hand the 2015 is going to be pretty special from all the reviews I've seen on it. I'm excited to see how it turns out in a few years along with the STi version.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I love the bike!

We have a sportbike thread too ---->http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/motorc...er-thread.html

We need less electric hybrids and more diesel if people want fuel economy. You at least get the best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Welcome!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDinoSwit View Post
    What is the carbon footprint to produce one hybrid car vs the carbon footprint of the entire life of a regular combustion engine of similar class? Lots of earth needs to be moved to mine the rare earth metals required to build a hybrid battery. Never mind the logistics of relocating the material to build the battery, the mining alone devastates the environment enough.

As for the 2015, looks ok. I'm not too excited about the new body style. The rear reminds me of a Nissan Sentra.
    The back side to that is the battery is 100% recyclable. I didn't buy it for the environment but I've heard both sides to the story.

I like the look and the spec sheet

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    That Civic looks mean, I love the black paint, wheels, and the retrofit you did. I always liked the wheels that came on the Civics.

On the other hand the 2015 is going to be pretty special from all the reviews I've seen on it. I'm excited to see how it turns out in a few years along with the STi version.
    Thanks, the Si was fun to mod but it will always be a front wheel drive so I kept it stock besides the HID and a cat back exhaust.

I've watch every youtube reviews so far! April will not come fast enough. I hope dealers can keep them in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome! I love the bike!

We have a sportbike thread too ---->http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/motorc...er-thread.html
    Thanks, going to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    We need less electric hybrids and more diesel if people want fuel economy. You at least get the best of both worlds
    Agreed! It's too bad we don't have more diesel option here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    Thanks!

The back side to that is the battery is 100% recyclable. I didn't buy it for the environment but I've heard both sides to the story.

I like the look and the spec sheet

Thanks, the Si was fun to mod but it will always be a front wheel drive so I kept it stock besides the HID and a cat back exhaust.

I've watch every youtube reviews so far! April will not come fast enough. I hope dealers can keep them in stock!

Thanks, going to check it out!

Agreed! It's too bad we don't have more diesel option here in the US.
    My dealer does not expect to get their first shipment until May or June for the 2015.

former NY 8thcivic owner here!

Yup....me too.... former NY 8thcivic guy here too...

Nice to see lots of former Honda owners. How was the transition from the Civic to the WRX?

I loved my Si. Especially because I put over $2000 in track suspension and brake upgrades. That car had like zero body roll and could go for long durations without brake fade. And I definitely miss the 6 speed.

So all these things I'm missing in the wrx.

All that, however is overshadowed by the great horsepower and torque jump so I have no regrets. Soon I will add mods and make this new one to my liking as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    100% recycleable battery? False.. Dont drink that kool aide dude. That battery is a huge 200-350lbs bag of bad.
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car when you get it!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Welcome maybe you can be the first person here to snag a 2015 WRX
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Another former SI owner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0658.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	129105

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast