New 2014 PBP Hatch Owner!

This is a discussion on New 2014 PBP Hatch Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Bought from Clayton at Ramsey Subaru in NJ with the program here, cannot thank him and this forum enough for ...

New 2014 PBP Hatch Owner!

Bought from Clayton at Ramsey Subaru in NJ with the program here, cannot thank him and this forum enough for that program. It was so much easier than any of the other dealers who would not give me the time of day, even when I was ready to plop down money that day for a car. Picked this up on 12/14. I originally ordered in late november, so I was looking at january delivery. Someone dropped out on their exact same order so I jumped on the opportunity and picked it up. Safe to say it was a good christmas present to myself.

2014 WRX Hatch, Plasma Blue Pearl, Premium Trim. All weather mats, red led footwell kit, auto dimming mirror, armrest extension, cargo tray, and rear cargo net as extras. Had him put on some blizzaks before delivery and as you can see it was a good thing I had them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00778.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	128849

Name:	CAM00779.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	128857

Name:	CAM00782.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	128865

Name:	CAM00788.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	128873

Sitting with my old car, 2008 volvo c30.

First wash, on a 73 degree December day

Name:	CAM00815.jpg 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	128881

Name:	CAM00822.jpg 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	128889

Name:	CAM00838.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	128897

Mods I'm thinking of are mostly small driver mods/aesthetic. Possible mods soon are the black wrx logos by the front wheels from the special edition, shorter antenna, clear bra on front bumper, and tail light overlays. Short throw shifter after a few thousand miles, and then further down the line looking towards sway bars/endlinks and GT Spec wheel, as those are more expensive.

Thanks!
    Last edited by formi; 12-30-2013 at 06:27 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, looks good and congrats on the purchase!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I should have flown out to pick up my car just to go to that dunkin' donuts across the street.
    2014 DGM WRX Limited 5dr

Congrats ! That's a great looking hatch there !

Before going for decals/lights etc, I would strongly recommend RA Mudflaps. They will help protect that grime from getting on the side skirts. I bought it even before the car arrived. For the MI winters, this is holding up great. Clearbra is a great addition too.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats Clayton is definitely a pleasure to do business with. Buy some Plasti Dip and try blacking out your badges and emblems that way its easy to use and remove if you mess up.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    Congrats ! That's a great looking hatch there !

Before going for decals/lights etc, I would strongly recommend RA Mudflaps. They will help protect that grime from getting on the side skirts. I bought it even before the car arrived. For the MI winters, this is holding up great. Clearbra is a great addition too.
    Thanks, I've thought about them (and other brands) but I don't know if I will put any on. I'm in delaware and we don't get loads of snow, plus I'm not a fan of how wide some of them are. My gf is not a fan of the "boy racer" look so I'm trying to keep things subtle (if that is even possible with subie mods). If it seems like this winter will get bad, I may look into some of the cheap DIY options, $160 for mudflaps just seems a bit steep.

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Congrats Clayton is definitely a pleasure to do business with. Buy some Plasti Dip and try blacking out your badges and emblems that way its easy to use and remove if you mess up.
    Thanks, I was surprised at how easy the whole process was. I may, but the OEM ones are relatively inexpensive and look really nice.

I Support ClubWRX
    True but for 50-60 a pair I wouldn't mind going with a can of Plasti Dip.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Welcome fellow NJ'er! I actually just ordered a '14 Sti in PBP with Clayton yesterday. The deal he offers was just too good to pass up.
    '14 SWP STI

picking up newly purchased WRX while its snowing = win

congrats!
    ...and happy modding!
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

True but for 50-60 a pair I wouldn't mind going with a can of Plasti Dip.
    Hmm I'll probably give it a shot, if I don't like it I guess I can always take the step up to new inserts. Did you have a good tutorial for them? Or was it just tape off, spray, remove tape?

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    Welcome fellow NJ'er! I actually just ordered a '14 Sti in PBP with Clayton yesterday. The deal he offers was just too good to pass up.
    Thanks I am actually in delaware. He was the closest dealer that would give me a deal and treat me with respect. Other dealers acted like a wrx is an ultra rare luxury good that a 22 year old could never touch. Damn going from a 13 wrx to a 14 sti? 2013 must have been a good year for you!

Quote Originally Posted by formi View Post
    Thanks I am actually in delaware. He was the closest dealer that would give me a deal and treat me with respect. Other dealers acted like a wrx is an ultra rare luxury good that a 22 year old could never touch. Damn going from a 13 wrx to a 14 sti? 2013 must have been a good year for you!
    I sat down and thought hard about modding the WRX. It was about $5800 in difference from the WRX Premium to STI base. When you look at all the stuff you're getting, you couldn't come close in parts/labor to swap parts.

I made additional payments on top of the regular monthly payment and because of this, I came out in the clear on trade-in. I won't have to put any money down and will get a small amount of equity to put into the new car. Monthly payments are a little more, insurance is only $50 more a year. Everything just kinda fell into place.
    '14 SWP STI

I Support ClubWRX
    I plast dipped my side badges while I was installing my Rally Armor's IT was easy enough to take off but im sure you can spray it on while on the car. When masking off the area leave a little paint so that it will create a seam. Check youtube for DipYourCar videos they have good tips. I usually get palsti dip from home depot but I was in Pepboys the other day and they had some other colors

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    I sat down and thought hard about modding the WRX. It was about $5800 in difference from the WRX Premium to STI base. When you look at all the stuff you're getting, you couldn't come close in parts/labor to swap parts.

I made additional payments on top of the regular monthly payment and because of this, I came out in the clear on trade-in. I won't have to put any money down and will get a small amount of equity to put into the new car. Monthly payments are a little more, insurance is only $50 more a year. Everything just kinda fell into place.
    Makes a lot of sense, that's some pretty good foresight especially compared to some builds where people spend too much time and lots more money on a wrx than an sti upgrade could have been. (unless they are going for the 'built not bought' mentality)

I plast dipped my side badges while I was installing my Rally Armor's IT was easy enough to take off but im sure you can spray it on while on the car. When masking off the area leave a little paint so that it will create a seam. Check youtube for DipYourCar videos they have good tips. I usually get palsti dip from home depot but I was in Pepboys the other day and they had some other colors
    Thanks, I have watched a bunch of their videos so I would probably be able to do it. For a cheap can it seems like it would be worth a try.