my car
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I really need help with a problem to a Subaru wrx 2002 bug eye model it is running bad on ...

my car

I really need help with a problem to a Subaru wrx 2002 bug eye model it is running bad on low revs and wont stay running soon as u hit the accelerator pedal kills it can anyone help me only had car 2 weeks and need to no about what brakes to upgrade 2 as mine are rubbish no good braking on them as big bhp thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Can we get a little bit of a background on the car? Like mods, when the problems stated etc?

well that's the problem only owned the car 4 2 weeks and ive been told it has a f4 something turbo, intercooler is in the front grill has all is it sti injectors close ratio gear box running about 370bhp atm am looking to take the aircon off tho
    but
    so many mods no cats, so cos don't no much about these car as I was a golf man before its confusing that's why I need help I start it and I starts to miss in all places my pal is a mercanic he had a look at all spark plugs and they are all sparking what do u think it could be ?????

I Support ClubWRX
    How long has it been acting like this? Since you bought it?

hello mate sorry , no it was fine for about a week and half only happen the last couple of days till I had a couple of mad races I was thinking it could be fuel as was using high octane as nearly run out once , from Sainsbury's just when u start it it run splat splat splat u no and if u start to put your foot down on high high revs aint so bad its more the bottom end on revs so im confused u got any ideas,,,

U Englishman y u English so bad?
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I love it. That Engrish Cray.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lankz2013 View Post
    hello mate sorry , no it was fine for about a week and half only happen the last couple of days till I had a couple of mad races I was thinking it could be fuel as was using high octane as nearly run out once , from Sainsbury's just when u start it it run splat splat splat u no and if u start to put your foot down on high high revs aint so bad its more the bottom end on revs so im confused u got any ideas,,,
    Do you have any way of logging data?

what do u mean by that mate ???

Try changing your filters; fuel and air, that can bog down your acceleration. If it is dying on you it could even be your fuel pump. If you live somewhere cold, moisture can build up inside your gas tank, if it sits around without a full tank. Try throwing some drygas in there, you can buy that at gas stations or any auto store. I hope some of these suggestions help.

Do you notice any bad oily smell? If you do, that is definitely your fuel filter!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lankz2013 View Post
    what do u mean by that mate ???
    I mean are you able to record the data that your ecu puts out as you car runs (boost, air to fuel ratio, feedback knock, etc.). This might help you figure out if the car is tuned properly and running healthy. This would help us be able to try and figure out what is wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.