Please I need HELP!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Please I need HELP!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone whoever is reading this post, I am new to all these forums so I would really be thankful ...

Exclamation Please I need HELP!!!

Hey everyone whoever is reading this post, I am new to all these forums so I would really be thankful for all your advice tips and help!

I have a 2009 Subaru wrx STi with 34k miles. So recently I have been driving on the freeway, and out of nowhere I started getting knocking. I loked it up and some people say it called Rod Knocking. I proceeded to keep driving home but 5 minutes later my car shut off on me just like that. It still cranks but doesn't start . Yes I have oil in tack. Please help what I can do? Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is your car showing a CEL if you have an access port you can see what the codes are right now? Are their any modifications to the car?
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What do you mean by "knock"? Like your ECU was registering knock events.. or are you saying your engine started making a banging noise? If you had rod knock, then you should have shut the engine off the second you heard a noise and trailered it to a shop.

What is "oil in tack"?

If you spun a rod bearing, then continued to drive, your engine is probably toast and non much salvageable. First thing I would do is drain the oil and look for any bearing material in the oil.. and cut open the filter and look in there too. If there's metal in your oil and filter, then I would say it's safe to assume the engine is trash.

Assuming your car is all stock (you didn't mention any mods), then just take it in and have the dealership replace your engine under warranty.

P0301, 1st cylinder spark plug. But I have no modifications, all stock. But I don't believe that code has anything to do with the Rod Nock.

Yes I was driving and all of a sudden I started getting noises from the engine. I pulled over and popped the hood, it was knocking quietly, so I had about 2 more miles to my house. So thats where I shut it down. And yes the oil has been changed two weeks ago, so I don't think it has anything to do with it? And yes its all stock !

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok so is it under warranty? 60K or five years, right? Have it flat bedded to the dealer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    There are lots of things it could be, since rod knock is likely and you should still have a warranty, I would just go ahead and take it in.

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hello, I currently go to school in a automotive class..The couple things I've seen are..

1. Compression. Get a compression test and make sure no valves are stuck or bent..
    2. Injector. Make sure the injector is firing...you can check this with a stethoscope.
    3. Vacuum Leaks. Look at all hoses making sure nothing blew off, or any other possible intake issues.
    4. Sometimes Bad coils, coil boots, sparkplugs, etc. Check the spark plugs for carbon, etc.
    5. Lastly...The o2 sensor. I wouldn't even bother testing these unless you have a professional do it, because it gets complicated real quick..with the reading fuel trims, etc.
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

Sounds like the classic ringland failure...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.