2002 wrx

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I joined Clubwrx in august and was saving for a rex. I finally found one that works for ...

2002 wrx

Hey guys, I joined Clubwrx in august and was saving for a rex. I finally found one that works for me, but the price is a little too good to be true. Im gonna check it out tomorrow but I would like your guys opinion. I would also like to know what can go wrong or out around 150k. Here's the link-- 2002 Subaru WRX

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Well.. it's AT, which no one wants, and it's modded with no mention of tuning. That could account for the price.

I have to drive auto.

I Support ClubWRX
    Pros:
    *reasonably good coilovers (EDFC compatibility starts with Tein Flex system which are around $1500)
    *What appear to be JDM headlights. If authentic, those fetch a pretty penny.
    *Tidy interior, aside from a strange blue button next to the fog light switch

Cons:
    *High miles
    *Cracked bumper
    *Intake and exhaust with no mention of tune
    *The 4eat is an awful transmission.

All summed up, it's probably not too bad a deal, but don't buy this car expecting it to last. I'd go into it expecting a project, and have a budget set aside for an engine rebuild at any moment.

Not to sound nosy, but why do you have to have an automatic? Physical needs?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I have a prosthetic leg. Long story short, I decided to have my leg amputated because my I only had like 30% muscle and no knee cap. It was impossible to do basic things. Now I walk just like everyone else. I wanted to learned how to drive a manual. I can do it, but hardcore traffic would be to tough. Im wanting my new car to be auto. Just for comfort. If I get the rex I will post some pictures and show you guys how I drive my Dad's RX8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordismalls View Post
    I have a prosthetic leg. Long story short, I decided to have my leg amputated because my I only had like 30% muscle and no knee cap. It was impossible to do basic things. Now I walk just like everyone else. I wanted to learned how to drive a manual. I can do it, but hardcore traffic would be to tough. Im wanting my new car to be auto. Just for comfort. If I get the rex I will post some pictures and show you guys how I drive my Dad's RX8
    Gotcha. Yeah, prosthetics technology has progressed by leaps and bounds in recent years. It's astounding what they can do now.

The 4eat just isn't well-suited to the 2.0L turbo engine. I think you'd be happier with the 2.5L in the 2006+ cars or the Legacy GT. The Legacy also has a 5 speed auto, which is pretty good.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Well.. it's AT, which no one wants, and it's modded with no mention of tuning. That could account for the price.
    Yeah...Injen Intakes are terrible for the GDs...especially if they aren't tuned for.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordismalls View Post
    If I get the rex I will post some pictures and show you guys how I drive my Dad's RX8
    Sub'd