2004 WRX Mods
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX Mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been told there are many different good mods to do to your car. I want to keep everything compatible ...

2004 WRX Mods

I've been told there are many different good mods to do to your car. I want to keep everything compatible with the COBB acesport, which i plan to get in the future. The obvious choice is to go with the turbo back exhaust with the stage 2 tune, but i want more than that. I'm looking in the end to get about 280 horsepower by this time next year. I still want a reliable daily driver, but i want power as well.

My Plan (What I need help with editing)
    -COBB acessport stage 2 tune
    -Aftermarket up pipe (Which one do i buy? Im looking for a cheap but high quality uppipe which can be tuned in the accesport)
    -COBB turboback exhaust (is the invidia turboback exhaust also compatible with the accessport?)
    -Slightly used STI turbo (I have the regular WRX, so im looking for an STI or a different aftermarket turbo getting about the same power)
    -Intake system (i dont know which kind, but i would like it to be compatible with the accessport)
    -BOV (what brand do I buy?

Being in my teen years, i want everything to be somewhat cheap. This is my first car, and my dad and I want a fun thing to do with each other. He is in to american muscles, and doesnt know much about modern foreign cars. If I said anything that is wrong, please respond. In the end, I think this will work, but Im not 100% sure. Thanks for your help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First off... are you looking for 280hp at the wheels or at the crank? Stage 2 should get you easily over 280hp at the crank.

2nd... the best (and cheapest) way is going to be to get a custom tune. A high-quality dyno tune should cost you around $400 and will be worlds better than an Accessport. The only advantage the AP has is that it will be easier than actually taking your car to a tuner.

Don't get a BOV. The end. Brand doesn't matter... any BOV that vents to atmosphere is going to give you worse performance than your stock bypass valve.

To get 280 at the wheels you'd probably need everything you listed with the vf39 and injectors, and a fuel pump, and probably a larger TMIC with a professional tune.
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

As far as an up pipe you get what you pay for. I wouldn't go cheap on it considering the part your actually replacing. As far as an intake that is compatible with the AP is you either stay stock(which most recommend) or you get the Cobb SF intake.
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Good intake, Full exhaust, Pro-tune. -Best value, most reliable 280 crank Hp easily.

If you want the vf39, you will need at least 565cc injectors, 255Lph fuel pump, and an STi intercooler to support it. And then a pro-tune. Exhaust and intake would also be recommended at this point. And whatever boost control your tuner may recommend.

I'd just go with a basic stage 2 to start with. If you want a lot to do, suspension and bushing are fun and fairly involved. I like that stuff better than trying to make power. Just a thought.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.