Need help buying wrx/sti

This is a discussion on Need help buying wrx/sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4170637354.htmlk so im not really too familiar with imports/tuners(I've always been more of a muscle car kind of guy) but ...

Need help buying wrx/sti

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4170637354.htmlk

so im not really too familiar with imports/tuners(I've always been more of a muscle car kind of guy) but figured it was time for change and was wondering if this is a good deal or if someone could point me towards the right direction any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX/STI *update*

Other link didnt work sorry

What's your budget ????
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Around $12,000 but if I can't find a decent one ill just save up to buy a nice one

I wouldn't bother with the one in that link...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

12k won't get you a wrx/sti unless you want one thats 13 years old with tons of miles

You're better off saving more money, get up to around 17-18k
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

2005 wrx clean and nicely done
    i found this one too which I didnt think was too bad but loke I said im no where near an expert on these cars

Ok, I'm not hating on you. You need to learn about a few things.
    Those coil overs aren't the greatest, the BOV is a nightmare umongst other things.
    The closer to stock, the better. You want unmolested

Read this novel and a half
    Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC
    Randy-
    2011 WRX limited
    02 blaze Wrx-sold
    04 Wrx pos- sold
    99 forester
    People say I'm like the girl next door,
    Y'all must have some really weird neighbors-Kelly Clarkson

Alright will do thanks for all the feedback guys its appreciated

Yeah man stay away from modded if you can help it, those cars are usually driven hard and aren't well taken care of.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

I bought a 2004 wrx with 128,000 miles for under $10000. You can find them. Mine was pretty well stock too. It's need some routine maintenance done (timing belt, suspension) for the higher mileage but overall it's a good car. I would drive it across country no problem.
    ~2004 Subaru Wrx - Stage 2
    ~2013 Honda Civic

-I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    -Nobody remembers the guy who finished second but the guy who finished second.
    -Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationaryÖ thatís what gets you.