That new '14 doe... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on That new '14 doe... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by IllRex The 140mph is right about 1500 miles, 14** so it has had some time. And no ...

Quote Originally Posted by IllRex View Post
    The 140mph is right about 1500 miles, 14** so it has had some time. And no it was not in Flagstaff, it was in Las Vegas in nice weather... I don't have a death wish. Listen everyone giving me hard time about the snow tires, Flagstaff gets a couple of feet of snow a year in town, its usually cleared up within a few days, and for the most part, hours. I dont feel the need to invest in another set just because it has to go through a little snow once in a while during winter. Its beautiful today, close to 60 degrees and sunny. Completely dry roads. That is the condition 99% of the time, so everyone needs to relax and stop saying I'm going to kill people and wreck my car. Jesus.
    If you think ClubWRX forum members are giving you a hard time, you haven't seen nothing yet. Try posting your thread that you started here on NASIOC. We're just being honest and helpful.

Bottom line: Summer tires do not function well below 50F, period. Has nothing to do with whether you have snow or not. Of course, winter tires have an added benefit in that they will aid in traction in snow and ice.

The advice given in this thread are not opinions, they're based on fact. Nobody here wants to read a post where a forum member wrecks their car because they don't heed good advice.

In the end, it's your car...do what you want. But you better hope you don't hit someone because you lack proper tires on your car...you will pay dearly for that. That is all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on your purchase. The hatch looks great ! As everyone said , any temps below 40 F ( snow,ice or nothing) needs winter tires. If you have plowed roads, get performance winter tires. Best for dry and wet cold weather traction. I put winter tires on the car on stock wheels even before I drove it off the dealership.

When you go @ 50 MPH and try to stop suddenly on summer tires, you will know what I am talking about. If you don't have $$ for wheels, you can at least get tires and mount on stock wheels. Several tire companies have rebates $60 - $80 for tires if you buy them before new year.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

+1 to all above.

Please don't be offended by the comments. But.....it's truly idiotic to drive summers in the winter. Hell, its not even fun! Surprised you haven't felt the hardness.....things are like rocks!!!

Get some cheap steelies off clist and buy new snows.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Update, still driving. Just hit 2800 miles. Don't know what else I would ever drive now. I'm more in love now than the day I got it. I really am starting to understand the culture behind the cars, why they are so sought after. Amazing. Anyway, got some new stuff for her, OEM roof rack, Yakima Powderhound board rack, tail light vinyl, along with yellow foglight vinyls, 8k HID's high and low beam, custom axleback straight pipe (4" dual) with bolt on flanges added to the stock exhaust so it can be interchangeable, 3% rear tint, 25% front. Have some adjustable coil overs, sway bars front and rear, rally armor on the way. Considering a wet nitrous kit, seems like not many subie owners run em, but ive been reading its a decent safe way to get a little more oomph.

I always read nitrous cons outweigh the pros... maybe it's diff for subies

so many "I dropped a 50 shot... going to the dealer to trade it in" threads lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123